How do i mount this?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a sun 2-5/8 fuel pressure guage that i want to mount on the front cowl of my scamp but problem is the gauge doesnt come with a mounting cup...all it has is some metal bracket that goes over the back (in pics 2 an 3)...its my freinds gauge and he told me that i can use it, and i would like too, but if i cant mount it its useless for me
26-11-08_0938.jpg

26-11-08_0939.jpg

26-11-08_0940.jpg

I found a couple of mounting cups on summit racing made by auto meter and summit...the ones from auto meter say they are only for autometer gauges, and the summit ones just say for 2-5/8 gauges..here are the two of them-

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925228+4294923437+4294891601+115&autoview=sku

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294923437+4294891601+400304+115&autoview=sku

Can either of these cups be used? is there some sort of other cup i can use? (sun doesnt have any- this is an old gauge as well)...is this gauge totally useless now? (dont want to try mounting it without a cup- i think it would look goofy)...any help on this one would be great guys

thanks
Matthew

It looks like you have the metal bracket on the wrong way. The tabs should point to the gauge face. Then you could mount it in a panel. I am not sure if a gauge intended to be mounted in a panel can be mounted in a cup.

well the instructions for the gauge say it has to be mounted outside of the car, so the only way to do that would have to be in a cup as far as i know...it does make more sense flipping that bracket around (it was early when i took those pics lol)...anybody else have an idea?

I think i should have posted this in the racers forum....probably more guys in that area running fuel press. gauges on the outside cowl....

Why don't you try posting in the "Car Parts Wanted" section. Maybe someone has one lying around for you.

Also, just FYI.....it can be mounted inside the car, but you should use an isolator so no fuel comes inside the car.

Much safer.

Why don't you try posting in the "Car Parts Wanted" section. Maybe someone has one lying around for you.

Also, just FYI.....it can be mounted inside the car, but you should use an isolator so no fuel comes inside the car.

Much safer.

I know about my option to run inside with the isolator, but id rather run it on the outside of the car....i cant post anything in the wanted section because im not really sure what mounting cup/pod will actually work with my gauge...thats why i posted the pictures of how it looks on the back for mounting because im not sure what its compatible with

I'm not sure of the summit gauge cups but the cup you need for that gauge in autometer is for "mechanical pressure gauges". You will send the -3 an line straight out the back of the cup through a grommet that comes with the cup

I'm not sure of the summit gauge cups but the cup you need for that gauge in autometer is for "mechanical pressure gauges". You will send the -3 an line straight out the back of the cup through a grommet that comes with the cup

so that pod should work with the mounting bracket thats already with my gauge?

you won't use the bracket at all, when you slip the gauge into the cup,the clamp that holds the cup will also secure the gauge

oh really? so as long as i get any mounting cup for a 2-5/8 inch gauge i should be fine?

no,,,,,,,,you have to have one that has a hole in the back of it so that you can pass your fuel line through the hole and connect it to your gauge,,,,,check for leaks before you put the gauge in the cup

alright so ill get an autometer cup that is for the mechanical pressure gauges...thanks for all the help...now i can use this gauge:)....one more thing though, how can i check for leaks to see if the gauge is worth using (it is brand new, but it wouldnt hurt to check)

thanks so much so far
Matthew

hook it up just the way you are going to use it,[premade stainless line is what I use],route the line through the cup just like you're going to put it in but before you set the gauge in place turn your pump on while holding a rag at the ready just in case of any leaks. A second set of hands may come in useful here

cool..sounds good...thanks for all the info much appreciated

-
Back