How do you do a screen shot? Need Dummies version!!

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
I have seen others post pictures of their computer screen shots and I can't figure it out. I need a version for Dummies so please make it simple.

Get to the screen you want. Press and hold down the control button. Then press the PrtSc/SysRq button. Then open paint. Hold down the control button and press the letter V. Report back.

Get to the screen you want. Press and hold down the control button. Then press the PrtSc/SysRq button. Then open paint. Hold down the control button and press the letter V. Report back.

Mine works w/o holding the Ctrl button...just hit "Print Scrn/SysRec" button, open Print, pull down "Edit" menu, click "Paste", and voila!!!!

...then click "save" if you want to save it somewhere.

MY prtsc/sysrq button is the 4th over from the right, top row. control button third from the left from the space bar bottom row. the letter V button just above the space bar.

I have seen others post pictures of their computer screen shots and I can't figure it out. I need a version for Dummies so please make it simple.

do you have windows 7?
If so you can use the snipping tool and just highlight what you want.
This is the icon:

Attachments

• snippingtool.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 153
I press "Prtscn" and then open MS paint, click "Edit" and paste.

What's interesting is doing a "print screen" and then use that image as your desktop background.
Then right click the desktop and use the settings to hide the desktop icons.

Everything looks normal but nothing works, no buttons or icons. :D

Even more intersting to do it to someone elses computer.

Yes, I have windows 7 and the snipping tool. After I have sniped it what do I do with it to get it on the website? Save it and upload it?

Yes, you might have to make the image smaller before you save and upload. Somene who can remember how to can fill you in.

Yes, you might have to make the image smaller before you save and upload. Somene who can remember how to can fill you in.

Resizing it isn't a problem. I just need to know if I can post it directly to the site or save it and then upload it.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 158
ctl+prtsc gets the window that's "in focus" (selected).

just prtsc gets everything.

-
Back