How do you get the connectors off?

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Sorry I'm such an idiot It looks simple but I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to get a connector off of a 69 Darts bulkhead.

Attachments

• BulkheadConnector_2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 133
Pry at the tabs on the sides. A small screw driver works well, but don't pry too hard. You just need to get one side pulled back far enough and then the other side.

That car must not have spent much time outside; the harness looks good; unlike the old sun baked stuff I've always had.

It seems obvious from the pic,that since two are already off, you know how to get them off
That position on the bulkhead, is supposed to be occupied by the S to Z connector. These are mostly low-current connections,mostly for front lighting. So,that connector usually pops right off,once unlocked.However,that connector does carry power to the headlamps. So its theoretically possible for those two wire-sets to weld the themselves inside the plastic body. This usually leaves melted-plastic evidence. I dont see it,so assume that has not happened here.In which case the metal connectors are probably just a little corroded. Perhaps a little penetrating fluid?
BTW; that dark blue wire between the start relay and the J-port should have a F-link on it. I dont see it there.That wire feeds just about everything on the car. To not have a fuse on it is risking a fire at the least and a total write-off at the worst.
That big fat 10ga Red wire should also have an F-link.As should any other power taps coming off that stud.

Not my car guys I found a picture and used it but my Dart is in about the same shape not bad at all...Thanks for the help :)

-
Back