How high will it go?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That had to be one of the longest listings I've read in a while. Plus a nice story. Looks like an exceptional price if it hovers around the present price.

GregH

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

....i might say. Only 12000 miles? I'm skeptical. Granted there is no wear on the carpet to speak of BUT the right side of the brake pedal tells a different story. I figured it out. There were floor mats in the car. Even at 112,000 miles that would only be 8000 miles a yr from 73 to 87. The under hood shots of tags and surfaces of fenders seems to show more wear than 12000 miles. It's NOT a Petty Blue. Looks like an EB3, Ice Blue or a GB2, Glacier Blue or KB1, Powder Blue. He says just drop a hemi in it and the only part you'll have to jack with is under the hood. Woner how long that rear would hold up under a hemi? This is a nice car and clean on the underside. How far is it from Lafeyette to Berkley? Double that distance per day then multiply that by a conservative 180 days of teaching per year then multiply that number by 14 years. That doesn't account for any weekend drives or trips up and down the coast. My number calculations come up to 112,000 miles. They would have came with bias ply tire back in that day would they not? At 12000 miles they would be the original tires? Wonder what brand they were? I think i'll email the seller.

95.1% feedback.....read some of the feedback. It always seems to be someone elses fault but the sellers....I guess the money was bad that the seller sent....you know bad money....you only spend when? ANYTIME

Nice car....I wonder why he unhooked the heater core hoses....too hot maybe or leaky.....yea I do agree on the brake pedal is pretty warn......unless he was heel /toe brake standing LOL

if it is what he says....I am going to guess his reserve is 7 to 8 grand.....bid and find out

Nice powder blue 73. If it goes for $5 large it would still be a good value. I'm sure it's got 120,000. Very observant guys. The wear on the brake pedal and steering wheel tell the story. Mike

yea I was banking on the 12,000 mile part,,,but you are probably right...
I asked about the mileage, and got this response -

"Thanks for the question Frank, No I have no way to guarantee the miles.It might be 12k or it could have 112k. Federal odometer disclosure laws only go back 10 years.The odometer is a 5 diget it shows 12k. It runs and drives great. The 5 didget odometer shows 12k. Per the auction

Is it the actual miles?

I have no way to guarantee it as it is long exempt from Federal Odometer Disclosure Laws and the previous owner is deceased. The next owner will get a brand new title issued this year to me in 2009. What ever the miles are this is a very nice car. Please don't assume it is actual it might or not be. If you have any doubts of any issue on the car please contact me before you bid. Thank you very much"

Yep, look at the brake pedal and the greasy rear end. I have never seen a 12k mile car that leaked that much rear end lube.

Look at the bottom of this 1997 Dodge van with 113k miles on it.

Tranny.jpg

Rear.jpg

Feller only has a 95% positive feedback. I would be hesitant to buy any big ticket item sight unseen!! The pictures, as you all know an be VERY deceiving.

Man, around here someone would be asking $8k for that car... I hate living in NY.

I really don't think living in NY has anything to do with the price.....you can ask any price....it is all in what YOU GET for the item.
I believe the seller was looking to get anything he could....no doubt the more the merrier. BUT the market can only bear so much in this day and age. Just my $.01 worth.....deflation

Feller only has a 95% positive feedback. I would be hesitant to buy any big ticket item sight unseen!! The pictures, as you all know an be VERY deceiving.

Hey Brad, is that you?

I guess you can't blame the guy for trying. Looks like it went for 4k, I'd have given that for it. Would have made a nice DD for my son, kinda long rd trip to get it back to MD, Joe.

Chas...all you have to do is hit the link.....the car never had a reserve that I remember seeing....and it went for $4001.00.

Hey Brad, is that you?

I guess you can't blame the guy for trying. Looks like it went for 4k, I'd have given that for it. Would have made a nice DD for my son, kinda long rd trip to get it back to MD, Joe.

Joe,
It's me!!:grin: Just saying to be careful!! Next time we get together I have some stories about buying these old cars/motors/parts sight unseen and at night!! BigSlim my butt...BigDumby is more like it. I did have one real good experience, LittleSlim scored a real nice 69 Valiant......

You and the boys coming to Harford County this time?? Lowes in abingdon was HOPPIN last Friday. I think they said 500 cars. Some nice Mopar stuff.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back