How long do I wait for parts paid for before becoming a dick! ADDED SELLERS NAME !!!

-
Still doesn't excuse the seller of not providing the method of shipment, nor the documentation and details of the shipment!

Oh I completely agree. I was simply saying freight takes forever. Wasn't trying to defend or excuse a crappy seller

1 Week from any where in the Continental US

Well, here is the address where I sent the payment to;1436 West Lane, Billings, Montana,59101 and phone # is (406)208-1330. I will be calling both this number and the ones provided from the business day and night until I get ahold of someone.

Seller messaged me today and said he's been out of town, parts were shipped out last Tuesday, said it would take7-10 days to ship. Well, it's been 11 days an nothing. I,ve called all the phone numbers that I have with no answer.

An update and a tracking number would have been nice.

Why do people sell stuff and not bother shipping it before going on vacation?

An update and a tracking number would have been nice.

Why do people sell stuff and not bother shipping it before going on vacation?

Because they already have the money and no longer care.... :protest:

Seller messaged me today and said he's been out of town, parts were shipped out last Tuesday, said it would take7-10 days to ship. Well, it's been 11 days an nothing. I,ve called all the phone numbers that I have with no answer.

Buying time.

I have taken and have sent payment every way possible and haven't burned or been burned by anyone...yet. A week is reasonable. A month is way too long.

Checked his "other posts." Yet another new member who came on here FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of having a free classifieds section
And that's why I call "BULL CRAP" on the for sale rules. No comments allowed ? Like "hey this guy ripped me off!" Not allowed? I once asked a "for sale" poster why he's selling a tac for $60 when you can buy the same one at any parts store for less than $40? I was reprimanded by staff!

Yeah, not sure why people get away with price gouging on the for sale forum. Should be just as bad as someone saying something.

And that's why I call "BULL CRAP" on the for sale rules. No comments allowed ? Like "hey this guy ripped me off!" Not allowed? I once asked a "for sale" poster why he's selling a tac for $60 when you can buy the same one at any parts store for less than $40? I was reprimanded by staff!

Same happened to me except the part was a fuel pump. After some thought I understood the error of my ways. I hope you can too someday. Pardon me for pointing out you're off topic in this thread as well.

I was recently scammed to the tune of $200 - if I had read the warning posted in the FABO classified section by Admin I would have avoided. In my case the "seller" requested I use Moneygram as his PayPal account was inactive. Not sure if this is the same type of thing. We had a very pleasant email conversation including his promise to send tracking numbers, etc....until the moment the money was picked up...then all communication stopped. I have since filed a formal complaint with the FBI (online/Internet crimes) - not optimist but at least wanted it to be reported to somebody. PayPal seems to be the best bet.

Ok fellow A body members, I need your opinion. I need to know how long I should wait for parts that I paid for before becoming a jerk about it. As of tomorrow, 6/26/2015, it's been exactly 1 month since I was notified that my payment was received. I still have no parts, my money back, or even a tracking number that I 've requested and was told would be provided. I paid with a US postal money order so I should be able to get my money back if need be. What do I do, be a nice guy and wait a little longer OR become a jerk about it?????? 34069valiant, where's my trans or my money???????????????????????????????????????????? Nick Mchenry from Billings,
Montana

I was recently scammed to the tune of $200 - if I had read the warning posted in the FABO classified section by Admin I would have avoided. In my case the "seller" requested I use Moneygram as his PayPal account was inactive. Not sure if this is the same type of thing. We had a very pleasant email conversation including his promise to send tracking numbers, etc....until the moment the money was picked up...then all communication stopped. I have since filed a formal complaint with the FBI (online/Internet crimes) - not optimist but at least wanted it to be reported to somebody. PayPal seems to be the best bet.

Would his last name have been Garcia?

Work......Relationships. .....Buying or Selling on FABO.....Life in general....It's all about communication and it's remarkable how many people are clueless about this very important facet of life.

Oh it's Beer Thirty and if ya haven't tried One or Two or Five or Ten of these in a frosted mug after busting *** all day ya'all are missing a treat!

Attachments

• 20150628_201556.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 477
  • 20150628_201628.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 20150628_201721.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 482
The only update I have is that he PM'ed me and said He would provide a tracking number tomorrow as he is out of town and he will straighten this out asap. Time will tell!I'm really hoping that he comes through with this as I really need the trans for my car. Otherwise, I'm back to square one looking for another, and out the cash also.Things don't have to be this hard!!!!

Work......Relationships. .....Buying or Selling on FABO.....Life in general....It's all about communication and it's remarkable how many people are clueless about this very important facet of life.
Absolutely. This is essential to life,not just business....Excellent comment, Hemi.
440 Bell, you are 100% correct. Business shouldn't be this hard,especially in a hobby/leisure situation.

Same happened to me except the part was a fuel pump. After some thought I understood the error of my ways. I hope you can too someday. Pardon me for pointing out you're off topic in this thread as well.
Having an opportunity to point this out BEFORE it happens is of subject ?

Reprimands don't hurt, so do it anyway.
If someone reprimands you for saying something like you posted happened with the tach, I for one will be on your side every day of the week. (but I also do my own research and would know how much a new one was anyway)

A lot of times I ask a question in a for sale post just to bring something odd I noticed to any one else's attention.

If you or anyone else sees a person selling that ripped off one of our members and can't say something to protect the rest of us without getting in trouble, then we need different rules or staff.

The 60 dollar tach was a first generation antique Sun Blue Line that is very collectable and was worth every penny. You were reprimanded because you made a stupid comment about something you didn't know a damn thing about. I remember that for sale thread and the seller. He is a very upstanding member and has done business with a lot of members here, including me. He always sends more stuff along with what I bought too, every. single. time. He is a good guy.

You on the other hand......well.........you would do yourself well to actually learn a little about the hobby you have chosen. It would serve you well.

The 60 dollar tach was a first generation antique Sun Blue Line that is very collectable and was worth every penny. You were reprimanded because you made a stupid comment about something you didn't know a damn thing about. I remember that for sale thread and the seller. He is a very upstanding member and has done business with a lot of members here, including me. He always sends more stuff along with what I bought too, every. single. time. He is a good guy.

You on the other hand......well.........you would do yourself well to actually learn a little about the hobby you have chosen. It would serve you well.

And this being a whole different issue, than outing an up and up rip off of course.
Personally I wouldn't comment if I thought something was priced too high, but I damn sure would if I had been ripped off by the person.
Reprimand be damned in that case.

And this being a whole different issue, than outing an up and up rip off of course.

Exactly. Why it was brought was completely stupid. But I am not going to sit by and let some try to smear a good member's name in the mud so I said something. Eddy is among the best of the best on here.

Well this will probably get taken out anyway by your staff because any time someone makes a comment disputing the great Triple R your staff jumps in and saves the day! So the tac I was talking about was months ago and it was clearly just a cheap tak. And if it was by chance the one you're talking about it certainly wasn't explained in the ad as a first generation blah blah blah. anyways anybody to dispute a thing you say it will probably get taken off the forum anyways. so I'm just spitting in the wind here, oh great Triple R :prayer:. I hope I'm never perfect like you. :happy1:D

-
Back