How much has the economy effected your racing plans for '09?

Has the economy effected your racing plans?

• No. My plans haven't changed.

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • Yes. A little.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Yes. A lot!

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Yes. I'm not racing this year because of the economy.

Votes: 12 13.6%

• Total voters
-

LXguy

Reaction score
Just curious how everyone is doing, if you have specifics, let us know!

I am doing just fine. I did not finance my self to the hilt. I have a list of shows and races I want to go to this year.

no changie in racing plans..working on adding another car later this year..

Well, I just put down that I wont be racing this year because of the economy. But after about 1 minute worth of thought I decided that I'll be racing anyway. I'm going racing with the /6. FFFFF it. I'm not going to let the economy totally take me down. I just wont be racing with my V8 this year. I'm going with the /6. I've got it running like brand new. I'm going to see what I can get the car to run.

The household is doing fine. I'm retiring in 29 months so the wife and I have been planning for this for years. Now on the other hand I finance my projects ,hunting and general fun activities with my side income which I buy and sell Mopar parts on here, E-bay, craigslist, etc., is in the crapper, stuff just ain't selling and what I do sell is for much less than in the past.

All i have left to do is get my super ultra high output 408 put in my spirit and get it caged and im ready for the track again. I prolly have around another grand to spend on my car to get it finished which I have I just havent found the time.

Not at all.

I will "play" at the track with the Duster all summer. It should run high 12's. Just looking for some seat time.
I will continue to search for parts and built the 66 to campaign next year.

I work in a hospital so my job is pretty safe. I also started working an extra 12 hour shift a week to put into savings just in case my wife loses her job.
If she doesn't lose her job I will put the saving towards an enclosed trailer.

Funny you would ask that. The wife and I decided today, after a lot of pondering, to sell the Dart, trailer and all spare parts. This isnt a "have to" thing, but with GM being my employer, and the fact I dont see them surviving, and the fact I've been throwing $$$ away on this hobby for going on 15 years now, I think its time to move on and let'er go and start spending $$$ a little wiser. Prolly be letting my 68 300 go as well, just not things I NEED to have. Doing this will put me very close to being debt free, and thats what I want to be if the job drys up, so look for them in a classified ad near you. :sad5:

Starting on my build.
Yanked the slant 6, tranny, rear end and springs.
Starting to fabricate subframe connectors.
Waiting on tires to get here so I can narrow the 9" and do mini tubs.
Then start installing the 4-Link

It sucks because I have all of these parts just sitting here ready to go and I am working 6 days a week.

im an apprentice wireman and its slooooooooow. i have been working on a day by day basis lately. which is actually good consididering all the other apprentices have been laid off. this company likes me for some reason. i have been going to some existing jobs and fixing things or adding things. i may be off for a few weeks untill a new job starts up in april. it will be the first time i have ever filed for unemployment in my 9 years of working. so the spending on my car has slowed a bit. the only upside to being off for a bit is i will have time to install the parts i have accumulated.

Hopefully will be able to make a few passes this summer....that's about it.

Has not changed my plans to race, with gas down i can now tow to the races! If the tow rig breaks then i can tow it home with the slant...;)

Haven't changed our habits here too much in the Bay Area. But our two kids in college have money invested for their education which took a hard hit in mutual funds. We're having to increase the payments and plan on paying out longer than we hoped.

I still plan on racing,just not as much as last year.I,ve got to much invested to just stop.I also work at Ford,and it,s been tough since before Christmas(worked 4 weeks in 12)things seem to be picking up for us as.As of right now,there is no more lay-off planned for April,May,June,July....That could change.We are starting a new Lincoln Model(MKT)Lincolns version of the Flex.So now we will be building 4 different models.The Ford Edge,Flex and Lincoln MKX,MKT.Hope things do a turnaround for everyone,so we all can get back to things we love and did 2-3 years ago!Oh yeah,with gas being 1/2 the price it was last year,I,ll be able to get more runs in when I do go.High 12,s shooting for low 12,s this year!:clock:

I'll do some bracket racing this year. Made a gear change so I'll probably slow a tad. Once we're dialed back in, should be good to go. Will also run a few "real street" drags, if I can find any takers.

Rear.jpg

I didn't do any racing last year. Because of lacking funds.
I hope to go at least a couple times this year.
Doing some mods to the Duster. I'll just have to try out.
At least hit a couple test and tunes.
Then the normal car shows.

Interesting results so far. Happily surprised to see that a lot of people will still be racing.

I'm in the middle/late stages on my build and am having a tough time deciding on how to proceed. I've got these tickets to Pinks All Out in Indy which is adding some confusion factor.

Steve

I have decided that rather than fixing up the tired ole 73 duster for racing, Instead I'll just spend only as much as is needed to put her back together as good as she was when she rolled off the line. Besides, heaven forbid I am forced to sell her, I can get a whole lot more for a running weekend cruiser than a racer-wanna-be on jack stands.

-LY

I thought that was the whole thing about fixing these car up.
To see how fast they go.
Thats what I did 30 years ago.
I still want to go FAST.
Who dosn't. Or am I wrong.

I still plan on racing,just not as much as last year.I,ve got to much invested to just stop.I also work at Ford,and it,s been tough since before Christmas(worked 4 weeks in 12)things seem to be picking up for us as.As of right now,there is no more lay-off planned for April,May,June,July....That could change.We are starting a new Lincoln Model(MKT)Lincolns version of the Flex.So now we will be building 4 different models.The Ford Edge,Flex and Lincoln MKX,MKT.Hope things do a turnaround for everyone,so we all can get back to things we love and did 2-3 years ago!Oh yeah,with gas being 1/2 the price it was last year,I,ll be able to get more runs in when I do go.High 12,s shooting for low 12,s this year!:clock:
Hey where do you race? Do you ever go to Milan Dragway? Jayson

-
Back