How much oil in Milodon pan?

-

JamesRR

Reaction score
I have a 512 stroker with a Milodon 7qt pan and a Hi-volume pump. Do I put a total 7 quarts of oil in? I have heard mixed opinions. Some say the point of the pan is to get oil away from the crank but I also don't want to starve the motor if it has a hi volume pump. Thank you.

that oil pan is to add extra quart or 2 of oil the windage tray helps keep oil of crank, fill it to the full mark.I use a longer oil filter at high rpms it can only help

that oil pan is to add extra quart or 2 of oil the windage tray helps keep oil of crank, fill it to the full mark.I use a longer oil filter at high rpms it can only help

Should have mentioned this... The dipstick says put in 5 quarts. It is not a Milodon dipstick I'm guessing? I put 7 quarts in and I have a large oil filter on there.

James

x2

But with the large filter, it may take an extra 1/4 quart, to make 7 1/4 quarts total to fill it.

The dipstick in there says 5 quarts and is 29 inches long not including the handle. I could be way wrong here but aren't big block dipsticks like 23" long? 5 quarts and it shows full on my dipstick with the deep pan....

I even looked into the milodon dipsticks and the one for mopar is around 22-23" long

-
Back