how much power will i loose.

-

bigorange440

Reaction score
i have hooker fenderwell headers in my 71 now and im going to schumacher tri y headers as i want my fender clearnce back, so i can get some bigger tires on the car. my question is how much of a power loss will i notice. the motors around 500hp. was wondering if anyone has done something like this before. thanks

i have hooker fenderwell headers in my 71 now and im going to schumacher tri y headers as i want my fender clearnce back, so i can get some bigger tires on the car. my question is how much of a power loss will i notice. the motors around 500hp. was wondering if anyone has done something like this before. thanks

That's totally dependent on whether or not the Schmacher's now become the "cork" in the system, ie. if you're running high flowing heads you could see a lose at the top end. Going to need some more info on your engine, exhaust system and whether you 1/4 mile it.

i want to make the car more of a street car now.. i dont get out to the track so theres no point in haveing it more bulit for the track. the heads are stock heads they were fully ported and flowed.and i have a 3 inch exhaust with flowies.

i want to make the car more of a street car now.. i dont get out to the track so theres no point in haveing it more bulit for the track. the heads are stock heads they were fully ported and flowed.and i have a 3 inch exhaust with flowies.

And what intake and carb.

If you are making the change to make it more streetable for you, then I dont see what difference it makes. But at that power level I dont think it will make much difference in the power

edelbrock TM7 and a holley 800 dp and dual feed. i have no idea on cam specs as i did not bulid the motor but its 13-1 compression and 30 over fully balanced msd digital 6 ignition. 4 speed trans and dana 60 rear with 456 gears.

If you are making the change to make it more streetable for you, then I dont see what difference it makes. But at that power level I dont think it will make much difference in the power

im just thinking if its a big difference i might buy the tti headers instead and selling off the tri-y's . the big reason i bought the tri-y's and not the tti is i was told the tri-y's fit better but now after having them in the car and buddy has tti's i dont see much more clearnce advantge as i have manuel steering and manuel brakes.

edelbrock TM7 and a holley 800 dp and dual feed. i have no idea on cam specs as i did not bulid the motor but its 13-1 compression and 30 over fully balanced msd digital 6 ignition. 4 speed trans and dana 60 rear with 456 gears.

On the street you won't notice a difference (schumacher are supposed to be good for 500) unless you plan on spinning her at 6500 plus but I am a little scepticle that the 13-1 compression is going to like the street. You're biggest worry is going to be cooling so aluminum rad and shrouded electric fans would be the ticket unless you already have,

On the street you won't notice a difference (schumacher are supposed to be good for 500) unless you plan on spinning her at 6500 plus but I am a little scepticle that the 13-1 compression is going to like the street. You're biggest worry is going to be cooling so aluminum rad and shrouded electric fans would be the ticket unless you already have,

i have the rev limiter at 6000. and i have a griffen aluminum rad and dual electric fans. but yes the heat does worry me abit. ill see how that goes this summer lol.

-
Back