How smart are these guys

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
SEDRO-WOOLLEY — Two men were seriously injured Sunday evening in an explosion while trying to “barrel ride” in the parking lot of a shop that builds and services race cars, said Sedro-Woolley Fire Chief Dean Klinger.

The men, from out of the state, had placed about four gallons of methanol in a 55 gallon barrel, sat on top of it, then lit it on fire, Klinger said.

“Apparently it was supposed to slide across the parking lot like a rocket,” Klinger said. “Instead it blew up.”

One of the ends of the barrel flew 120 feet outside of Funk Racing at 631 Sunset Park Drive, Klinger said.

The men were severely burned in the explosion, but were responsive when paramedics and firefighters arrived just before 9 p.m.

The fire had already been extinguished.

They were taken to United General Hospital then flown to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Klinger did not have the ages or identities of the men or their medical conditions.

That is crazy stupid, some folks need supper vision don't they :-D

I'm still trying to figure out where they went wrong. I'm sure I can make it work, I'll let y'all know how it goes. Maybe MORE fuel!!

I feel you cudaspaz, but if every guy was taken out of the gene pool for doing something stupid and life-threatening, the human race would cease to exist. At least here in the southeast. No scratch that, everywhere, because the guys who don't do stupid, dangerous things as kids are the same guys who don't breed anyway!

I too wish they had recorded it! Long live the redneck olympics!

Maybe the barrel had "Acme" stenciled on the side...Hey it almost worked for the Coyote.
He never did catch that Roadrunner though, did he?

Q. What's the last thing you hear before the ambulance shows up??

A. Hey, watch this!

LOL!! What in Gods' name were they thinking?? I bet they smoked a left-hander just prior to that. Hopefully the flames singed the end of their pkg shut so their is no reproducing on their part!!

I feel you cudaspaz, but if every guy was taken out of the gene pool for doing something stupid and life-threatening, the human race would cease to exist. At least here in the southeast. No scratch that, everywhere, because the guys who don't do stupid, dangerous things as kids are the same guys who don't breed anyway!

I too wish they had recorded it! Long live the redneck olympics!

Actually , as wild as I was as a kid, I always knew my body's limits and I did push the envelope, but c'mon, there is a big difference between doing wild and crazy stuff, and then there's just plain certifiable insanity like the above mentioned asstards.

Ralph, hold my beer and watch me barrel ride across the parking lot....(LOL)

I wonder if the 2 people who did this are still dumb enough to do it again??Kinda sounds fun if you ask me:-D:-D

-
Back