How-To Articles?

-

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Where did they go??? I remember browsing thru them before, there was a complete List of All of them.
I can't find Any now... I thought @RustyRatRod did an Article on How-To Rebuild a Ball and Trunnion and I can't find that now?

Yeah, If you type Ball and Trunnion you'll have to Browse forever....
You realize there's a separate search function just for the tech articles, right? Not trying to be a smartass - some people just don't know this.

1681070255683.png

You can click on Advanced Search and then click on the Articles tab. Then you can click on Ball and Trunion and that should get you there there.

You realize there's a separate search function just for the tech articles, right? Not trying to be a smartass - some people just don't know this.

View attachment 1716075502
Thanks but didn't help... So, I guess my 4-Speed is an Inch shorter than my 3-Speed was. My B&T DriveShaft is a Lil more spread-out now, it started throwing grease.
What do I do now?

Hey Triple R! Is This Guy Right?
@RustyRatRod

I don't do it that way. In the time he spent getting the boot through the trunnion housing, I could have pressed the trunnion shaft out and done the job and pressed it back together. That's how the service manual says to do it. Especially on our little A bodies, the trunnion housing is even smaller than that one, so the chance of tearing the boot is greater. Why try to cut corners when you don't have to and it's just as easy to press the trunnion shaft out?

Thanks Boss! I guess My only worry would be how to get it re-Centered with only a +/- .002 tolerance. How do you do That with a Press?

@RustyRatRod If it's Not hurt but just Slinging Grease... Can I just Re-Clamp it and call it good for awhile?
Or will it need a rebuild because it threw some grease?

Boot.jpg

@RustyRatRod If it's Not hurt but just Slinging Grease... Can I just Re-Clamp it and call it good for awhile?
Or will it need a rebuild because it threw some grease?

View attachment 1716075574
Clean it up real good because it looks like it's cracked in that first indention from the left. That's not enough grease lost to hurt the joint yet, but any loss isn't good.

-
Back