how to find the history of my car

-

rgreule

Reaction score
so i was wondering..

how could i find the history of my car. i dont have the build sheet thats usually in the back seat..

i have the dash vin and the tag under the hood.. i know that it sat since 97 where i got it but nothing for the 27 years prioir..

any ideas on how to find this infomation??

If the previous owners name is on the title, start there. Ask them what they know about the car. Where it came from? How long they owned it? Any stories on the car when they owned it? Do they have any pics of the car from when they owned it?

If you know the city where the car spent some time post an ad asking if anyone remembers the car.

Also you can go to the dept of motor vehicles and see if there is any way your state could run a title history search on the car. You will likely need all the paperwork in your name at the time you do that.

I placed pictures of this 65 Plymouth on differentxMopar web sites and believe it or not, 14 months later someone researching a name which co-incidently appearred in my search saw my car. He contacted me with the original owner's name and phone #. What an enjoyable call that was when I talked to the original owner. Even better the car looks exactly today as it was back in 65. Don was amazed that the car survived ALL these years.:cheers:
Post pictures and who knows.

Attachments

• Fender tag 069 - resized.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 124
  • Fender tag 068b.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 123
-
Back