How to re-label a '62 Valiant/Lancer button?

-

Bill Crowell

Reaction score
The '62 Valiant has a lot of "one-year-only" interior parts that are hard to find.

valiantpatrol kindly sold me a nice example of the kind of button that goes on the "park" lever on a Torqueflite-equipped car. My "park" button was trashed. The button that valiantpatrol sold me was the companion one for the heater that adjusted the temperature. It's labelled "warm". Would anybody have any suggestions about how I could re-label it to say "park"? Thanks a lot.

DSCN0373.JPG

DSCN0372.JPG

Easy way?

Offer to trade it for the one you need, hopefully someone out there needs this one & you can swap.

I looked for a "park" button for a long time and couldn't find one, so I don't think they are available. That's why I want to re-label the heater button. It was the only button of this type that I've ever been able to find.

Bill, I would tape off that area, use double bubble "aka" 2 part epoxy apply and sand smooth, paint it black. Find a sign place that has vinyl cutter and they will cut out the arrow and letters for you to apply over the painted epoxy.....OR if the place you find, could make a bandage as such, with white lettering on a black strip to cover it all.

-
Back