How to remove Federal pump reservoir?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

I chased down a PS leak on the Dart and discovered it's coming from the reservoir o-ring. My question is, how does that come apart? I don't see bolts, and the FSM is vague at best.

The pump works fine otherwise and I'm confident a couple seals will fix it up once I can get it apart.Thanks.

Pretty sure it's just the hose fitting that holds it on.

Pretty sure you're right. That fitting is the relief valve.EDIT; Regulator/relief/hose fitting. heh-heh
Federal pumps suck for fast steering inputs. They're fine for the grocery getter. Until your 16 yr old son sneaks it home one night, and says "but Dad,you dont understand, the steering locked up!" I understand exactly;these repairs are coming out of your pocket,one way or another. The grocery getter is not for doing figure 8's! The Cuda was built for doing that. Now go to your room!................Heh-heh.

Pretty sure you're right. That fitting is the relief valve.

Federal pumps suck for fast steering inputs. They're fine for the grocery getter. Until your 16 yr old son sneaks it home one night, and says "but Dad,you dont understand, the steering locked up!" I understand exactly;these repairs are coming out of your pocket,one way or another. The grocery getter is not for doing figure 8's! The Cuda was built for doing that. Now go to your room!................Heh-heh.

Pressure regulator valve :poke::D

I know, I know, they are basically the same thing.
That's why I had to razz you about it.

Ok, now, You're going straight onto my ignore list. Right at the top. lol.

Hey, howcome this page is so kingsize, top-to-bottom, long?You see how short page #1 is? And TBs pages are really long! Even when he doesnt say much,lol.

But yeah, the O-ring can be tight. Pry it off in several different places, working your way around, and keeping it close to square to the body. Its only on about a half inch, before it pops.

The pressure regulator valve and any bolt or bolt/stud that screws in from the back. Then it just needs to be poped off the pump body.

Ok, now, You're going straight onto my ignore list. Right at the top. lol.

Hey, howcome this post is so kingsize, top-to-bottom, long?You see how short post #1 is?

I don't know for sure.
Probably because two people keep screwing around in someone's else's post? :dontknow:

Thanks guys, it popped right off. Just didn't want to inflict damage.

-
Back