How to remove vent and windows and mirror

-

mopars

Reaction score
Hey
I"m looking on How to remove vent and windows and mirror. I got everything loss and i can't get the window out of the track? I got the one screw out of the mirror and have not clue how to get the rest of it off?
thanks

The screw is the rear mount for the mirror. You need to take the door panel off to remove the nut for the front mirror mount... it should be a nut on a stud.

While the inner door panel is off, you can position your window so you can loosen the hardware that is holding the window to the regulator... then you should be able to pull it up and out of the door and window channel.

You'll probably have to remove the run channels for the glass before it will come out. You may even have to remove the vent window first, then the door glass.

You must loosen the allen screw that holds the glass assembly to the door. It`s located behind the small rubber plug located about a foot back from the front of the door on the top metal trim. Once you`ve removed the two nuts in the front of the door and loosen the allen screw you should be able to rock the glass/vent unit out.

On my 70 duster, I had to remove the door panel, then I used a mirror to see the screw, then reached up with some needle nose pliers(was a little akward putting my whole arm into the door) and unscrewed the nut until I could turn it with my fingers. I believe the window was rolled all the way up at the time. For the vent windows, you have to unscrew the screws that hold the upper door weatherstripping and the weatherstripping below the vent window on the doorjam. Then when the weatherstripping id off, the vent window should slide right out. But all of this was for my 70 Duster with the rear vent windows. If this is not what you are working on, then, nevermind.

-
Back