-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeStahl

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Just for a question, I would like to know what is the best way to ship seats.

thru who and cost and how to prepare them.

Have a set that need to come to me, to go east to west

thought this would be the best place to ask

thanks

I purchased a set of buckets from Riddler and he removed the tracks and shipped them to me in 2 large U Haul boxes via Fed Ex. Shipping from Illinois to North Carolina was about $90.00 if I remember correctly. He packed the tracks in with the seats in smaller Fed Ex package boxes.I got the seats without any damages.

Though I've personally never used it, Greyhound Bus service has a good reputation for large items at a good price.

I remove the tracks and zyp tie them inside the seat bottom. I find boxes that fit over the seat backs and bottoms so I have what looks like 2 'L' shaped boxes. Then I cover them with cling wrap. These were short back buckets. Shipping was 60.00 each average. The roll of cling wrap was nearly 30.00 bucks at Staples ( ouch ) but it may last a lifetime.

You can get the big rolls of cling wrap at places like Sam's Club too. That stuff & old quilts/comforters etc. can come in handy when trying to bring big things home bought while on vacation. (Ask me how I know!)

I bought a pair of 66 Cuda buckets from Arizona,shipped to Michigan via FedX,these were packed in an appliance box and cost $118.I had a friend bring them across the border for me.:mrgreen:

I shipped a fender Greyhound, Very easy and cheaper than any other shipper. Down side you will have to pick them up at greyhound. Check it out...

I've recently shipped two large boxes, Georgia to MN & MI. The first box had two rear quarters and weighed in at 95#, the second box had two front fenders and a front frame rail. Both boxes were H-U-G-E. They cost $65 each by Greyhound and were delivered in about a week. I think you could put both seats in one box, or two boxes taped together and ship them for that same money.
C

I separated the backs from the bottoms and taped them together. Found a box for each and shipped them separately.

I purchased a set of buckets from Riddler and he removed the tracks and shipped them to me in 2 large U Haul boxes via Fed Ex. Shipping from Illinois to North Carolina was about $90.00 if I remember correctly. He packed the tracks in with the seats in smaller Fed Ex package boxes.I got the seats without any damages.

That was downtown Detroit to you in NC for $90.

Uhaul moving "closet" boxes fit a seat perfectly and there thick boxes.

Riddler

When I boxed up some 65 Barracuda seats, I removed the backs from the bottoms to make it easier to fit them into one large box.

Call your local moving company and ask if they have any (used) wardrobe boxes.Sometimes they will give them to you .If not U-Haul sells them also.A pair of low back buckets wrapped in paper moving pads will fit in one large wardrobe box,and yes Greyhound is about the cheapest shipping.

I have had great personal success shipping seats with Greyhound Package Express. Remove the tracks, bundle them between the seats, take the back off the seat and lay flat on seat bottom, roll up in refridgerator box cut open and laid flat, roll so you get two to three layers of cardboard and tape the crap out of the package. Go to their website, find the closest departure and arrival depots and plug in the weight and max dimension and declared value (insurance) and get the quote. Be aware that they change thier fuel surchages daily however never more than five bucks either way, drop it off fill out minor paperwork and walk away. They give you an a lsit of stops and swaps of busses all the way to the detination. Cheapest guys in town if you use their standard (space availability) shipping.

I separated the backs from the bottoms and taped them together. Found a box for each and shipped them separately.
This is the way to do it! You can even put both bottoms together in one box, and both backs in the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back