How to stop the fog????

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
on safety glasses....Our 'hood has pretty much been fogged out for the past week or so. Couple all the moisture in the air with me pumping out all sorts of heat from being sick and my safety glasses fog right over..not a very good thing to have happen with a running chainsaw in your hands....any ideas on how to stop it? Have tried the fog preventer from Rainx, pretty much worthless. Asked on another forum and most folks are saying to use Cat Crap, just wonder if someone might have a different solution....

Well, this may sound crude, but when I have been snorkeling I spit on the inside of the glass, plastic whatever the material may be and rub it around with my finger.

I don't know if it would work on safety goggles or not, can't do anymore than make you wash them. LOL

I have used the spit thing when I was scuba diving, worked fine for me/us. Rick

I have used the spit thing when I was scuba diving, worked fine for me/us. Rick

I used to do that too, and it did work.
(spit in it, wipe it around, and a super quick rinse) not enough to wash it off.
What worked better was the antifog drops made for scuba masks.

Other than that, makes some bigger vent holes in the sides of the goggles.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-ProForest-Chain-Helmet-System/dp/B0030MIHBY/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1388166239&sr=1-1&keywords=chainsaw+helmet+screen+muffs"]Amazon.com: Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet System: Home Improvement[/ame]

That's what I use.
Of course you're doing any falling, the hardhat should be worn anyway. Perfect protection for vision hearing and your most vital organ :)

Attachments

• chainsaw helmet screen muffs.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 450
goggles with a good seal on bottom, vented side and top work pretty good. Could probably accomplish same by taping a strip of soft cloth along bottom edge of glasses

Rain-X makes anti-fog too, and it works great! Using it on welding helmets, interior glass, etc., for years.

I had to have eye surgery after using that screen thingy,, weedeating.. to remove sliver from my eyeball..

Well that stinks, although you are still supposed to wear safety glasses with it. That screen is to protect your face from larger objects being slung at you that can cut and imbed in your face.

Well, this may sound crude, but when I have been snorkeling I spit on the inside of the glass, plastic whatever the material may be and rub it around with my finger.

I don't know if it would work on safety goggles or not, can't do anymore than make you wash them. LOL
Spit no work for me.
Did not work....
shaving creme -
of course wipe off the excess,
so the lens is clear
Have to try this...
Amazon.com: Husqvarna ProForest Chain Saw Helmet System: Home Improvement

That's what I use.
Of course you're doing any falling, the hardhat should be worn anyway. Perfect protection for vision hearing and your most vital organ :)
Had one of these in my hand the other day...but I put it down before leaving the store.
Rain-X makes anti-fog too, and it works great! Using it on welding helmets, interior glass, etc., for years.
Just tried the Rainx No Fog, after about a minute they fogged up...
I had to have eye surgery after using that screen thingy,, weedeating.. to remove sliver from my eyeball..
Ouch.....

I am not using goggles, but safety glasses. Will be ordering Cat Crap sometime soon....

Any more ideas?????

Well dang it Doug, maybe you've just got too much hot air!!! :-D

<< duckin >> Love ya!!!

Perhaps.....Love Ya too....

Thanks for the link Sir. I realize I could just go out and buy some anti-fog safety glasses but I have a dozen or pair in the garage that are very comfortable, and if they aint comfortable they will not be worn. I bought these back when I was still working...which meant riding the chopper home in the dark.....the ones I have do a great job at keeping the wind out of my eyes at70 mph or so....and they are comfortable.

Did some reading about the Husqvarna helmet....apparently they are not exactly all that durable...

Suppose when I go boot shopping tomorrow I could pick up a pair of fog free glasses to hold me over until the Cat Crap gets here.....but I am going to try some of the other things mentioned in the link that RRR provided...

I've had a couple sets of the helmets (worked as a buckerman for a while). The first one the flipper for the screen eventually came apart. Second one I've used for some time with no problems. Not sure which brand it is.

I'll never use anything else. One quick flip and the screen is out of the way. The hearing protectors also pop outward which is handy.

Bought a set of 3m Fog Free safety glasses form Home Depot....aint worth the extra $$ I was charged. Worked great up until the point that I needed to clean them....they now fog up, not as bad a s "regular" safety glasses but bad enough to where it is impossible to see. What is strange is they sometimes fog up....and sometimes they don't....Waiting for the Cat Crap to show up...

I use cat crap as that is what I use on my snowmobile helmets. It still fogs up sooner or later but is better than nothing.

Don't know if it would work, but in paintball we had a set of goggles (z81+ impact rated) that had a fan on top to keep the fog down. worked wonders for the field, might work for you. of course you would look pretty crazy with a full paintball mask on but heck, its better than cutting your leg off because you couldn't see.... If it looks stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Have you tried the double lens glasses? I work in -40 weather and the glasses fog up a lot, even just from breathing out. The companies I've worked for have tried a LOT of different styles of glasses and fog wipes. The only thing I've found to actually work are the double lens glasses.

-
Back