Howdy from Central Texas!

-

Maniacmama

Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

I am the proud new owner of my second Dodge Dart. My current ride is a newly acquired '74 Dodge Dart Swinger.

As a recently retired home school mom my goal is to use it as a daily driver and to use the minivan as a truck! The problem is... although I understand some mechanical operations I do not have the skills to execute. I will be opening my own business in 2014 and until then will remain a one income family with college tuition bills; therefore bringing it from project to daily driver is something I cannot afford with store front auto repair shops/restorations. I sourced a "mobile mechanic" who advises and works on it as he can. I partner with him in that I source and acquire the parts and he installs. Therefore I pay for labor only. Thus far it has been 3 months since I purchased it and by next week I will be able to license and register the car for daily use!

My first Dodge Dart was a 1964 Dodge Dart GT with push button transmission. I purchased it in Sept. of my Junior in high school and it was our school's auto mechanic class project. By the following May it was my daily driver.

I tried to find a 64 Dodge Dart that was within my budget to acquire and get to driver status without any luck. Although at first I thought I had settled with the '74 Swinger, I have accomplished my goal as the cool ex-home school mom. I do truly love the Swinger, however I am still nostalgic for that push button that got me through difficult high school years. If one ever crosses my path again, it will be mine!:finga:

I am looking forward to participating in the "For A bodies only" Mopar Forum.
:newb:
Maniacmama

What motor did you mopar come with? Where about in tx are you ,i am in tx also.

Welcome aboard mama! You're going to have a blast and learn a lot around here. :-D Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks everyone!

Duster44D - The engine is the original slant 6; and Central Texas home is the Austin area.

Cudachick1968 - I will!

Welcome to FABO!!! Glad to here you're almost there as far as getting it streetable. Good Luck, we're here for you.

P.S. We love pics, whenever you get time...:thumbrig:

Welcome from Hempstead, Tx. lady! Not too far from you.

Stick around long enough and ask questions, before too long you will know your Mopar like those books you used ;) . Good to see women showing interests in A-bodies.

-
Back