HP manifolds, TTI headpipes, Jegs 2 1/2" dual exhaust kit (?)

-

bighammer

Reaction score
I've been wondering if this would be a fairly straight forward approach to a budget exhaust system for my project: ('70 Dart, LA360), HP manifolds, TTI headpipes, Jegs 2 1/2" exhaust kit with welded mufflers.

Now I'm fairly certain that the Jegs kit won't directly connect to my TTI head pipes, but I'm thinking they might be fairly close. Maybe a custom piece between them? The head pipes, according to TTI, terminate where their headers terminate. On their website, they say that if you want to change out your manifolds/headpipes for a set of their headers, it's a direct fit. SO, how similar are the TTI's to the Jegs kits? How far apart are the pipes where they run back past the drive shaft? If they are similar, I think this could be done.

Yeah, I'm being somewhat of a cheapskate. I wish I had the coin to pop for all the cool stuff, but I'm making a compromise here and there, in order to get this thing done without breaking the bank.

I don't know about the TTI pipes, but the Jeg's kit comes back and passes through the two humps in the trans crossmember.

If you do the Jegs kit, order the pipes, clamps and hanger kit. Order the welded mufflers separate. You will save ten bucks right there.

attachment.php

If you do the Jegs kit, order the pipes, clamps and hanger kit. Order the welded mufflers separate. You will save ten bucks right there.

that's getting to be your new catchphrase :cheers:

or 3 bucks shy of buying that oilslinger I need :banghead:

interesting, my 360 was also lacking the hole in the one thrust plate bolt

wasn't sure what to think of the hole being gone but I just assumes the oilslinger was misplaced by a previous owner

would I not need it then ?

@bighammer, I would think the jegs exhaust will be too long if anything, aren't the TTIs longer then the cheapy headers the jegs kit is intended to be used with?

Alright you clowns, you're mucking up my thread! So let me reiterate a little...

I would like to combine my TTI head pipes (which are connected to HP manifolds) with the Jegs exhaust kit. (Jegs sells their kit for $250... The Similar kit from TTI is close to $700)

Understandably, if the Jegs kit is too long, I have a sawsall and I know how to use it! The biggest problem I forsee is the actual routing of the pipes, whether or not they could be made to be connected without throwing off the placement of the back half.

Bruce, why would you want to wash down the exhaust with beer anyway?

Understandably, if the Jegs kit is too long, I have a sawsall and I know how to use it! The biggest problem I forsee is the actual routing of the pipes, whether or not they could be made to be connected without throwing off the placement of the back half.

As long as the head pipes fall in line sorta where the header would, I don't see an issue. You did say that they design the headpipe and the headers to fall in the same location.

Don't forget to order the kit/mufflers separate, lol. If you look at Jegs site, and do the math it saves ya ten bucks.

Bruce, why would you want to wash down the exhaust with beer anyway?

Believe me it's crunchy and dry, beer does wonders. :D

Bruce, the head pipes (from TTI) stop in the same location as the headers (also from TTI) But what I want to do is mix n match... I don't know if things will line up if I use TTI head pipes, and then run the JEGS exhaust kit.

Beer makes everything better

seems to me you need to compare the TTI headers to a set of hedman headers and see how they layout

or just see if someone will trade you a set of the hedmans for your TTIs, then you know for sure it will fit

Bruce, the head pipes (from TTI) stop in the same location as the headers (also from TTI)

Right, isn't that what I thought I said you said? :D

I can't imagine there is going to be a huge difference in location between the TTI headers collector and any other brand. The driver side will be tucked up a little higher is all. Sure there will be some, but the first section of pipe can be rotated up or down to line up with the humps in the crossmember.

Once you have that whipped, the rest oughta be pretty straight forward.

Maybe if someone can post a pic of the TTI headers from the back looking forward, and another of the off brands that might help in comparison.

Here's mine with Summit headers.

attachment.php

Here's an A body with TTI's.

Attachments

• sb tti.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 294
In looking at the two, it appears, to me anyway, the TTI's are a tad closer together than the Summit headers. I'm referencing off of the two humps in the crossmember.

judging by those pictures the TTIs sit about 4 inches higher then the summits ;)

Bruce, thanks man! This helps a bunch. It's looking more like it will work out just fine. So if I order this stuff up and it doesn't fit, it's your fault.

Bruce, thanks man! This helps a bunch. It's looking more like it will work out just fine. So if I order this stuff up and it doesn't fit, it's your fault.

And it's your fault if you don't save the ten bucks fer beer, lmao.

I think it will be fine, you'll most likely have to do a little tweaking as the kit isn't a perfect fit. If I remember correctly I had to trim one of the middle pieces on the driver side to get my mufflers to line up, then I had to trim the ends of the tail pipes where they came out the back.

Plan a whole day to install it, I think it took me right at 6 1/2 hours to put mine in.

Here's what it sounds like.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlNLaJaZzGQ&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428"]100 3366 - YouTube[/ame]

..Sounds sweet dude. Thanks for posting up the video. But who is that crusty ol fart roaming around in your garage?

-
Back