hughes or comp camshaft

-
So you think this one will suit my needs?

Antoon

"The plan is to build a moderate street engine. No strip!
It has to be a reliable, good running, high torque street engine with decent fuel economy. No high power high revving strip motor."

If this is your goal, yes, I believe it will be fine.

So you think this one will suit my needs?

Antoon

It will work, but it's light on lift.

Id like to see something in the .530 range...basically something that nets a reall .500'ish at the valve.

x'j heads usually when done by the average guy peak at around .450-.530 lift...and even though they do,when dealing with a flat tappet cam u need to consider how lil time it spends at peak lift as opposed to how much more time it spends opening/closing the valve=.200-.450....so opening it more will only give more time in the peak flow area and any backing up or saturation will still only see that nano second at the top of the lobe.

fwiw

u should get something a lil milder than the engle i mentioned earlier...so like - 280*adv dur '248*@.050' .540 lift on a *110
Id call engle

After some questions about the lift and my expectations, I got this reply:

There is only 20 degrees overlap @ .050, so vacuum should be good. Driveability and torque would be excellant also in a 4 inch stroke crank 408 cubic inch motor. I dont want more lift. this will only create lower vacuum and stress on the stock oem rockers. You have a short installed height so lets not create problems on your end by adding the lift.
thanks, mark c

I think it makes sense,

Any other opinions?

Antoon

Sounds like you have it covered with your engine builder "who knows best", so why are you here asking questions?

The average builder/machinist is more concerned with taming the motor and making it last so that u dont come back complaining later.

for you and you're builders information.....lift doesn't lower vacumm, overlap does...

-
Back