Hughes Torque convertor

-

Slantsix64

Reaction score
Hey guys, since i need a convertor for my a904 i was looking up some one line and i found this hughes Performance Fuel Miser Torque Converters these are the details

Hughes Performance Fuel Miser torque converters reduce the slippage in your transmission by 25 percent. The result is better fuel economy, more efficient shifts, and cooler transmission temperatures. They are designed to work with engines over 400 c.i.d. as well as with diesel applications. All stall speeds are approximate ratings for fresh big block engines. Small blocks will vary 300 to 500 rpm lower.

Like car will have a 318 rv cam and 3.23s would this benefit in increasing mileage as it claims? or is it BS?

Hey guys, since i need a convertor for my a904 i was looking up some one line and i found this hughes Performance Fuel Miser Torque Converters these are the details

Hughes Performance Fuel Miser torque converters reduce the slippage in your transmission by 25 percent. The result is better fuel economy, more efficient shifts, and cooler transmission temperatures. They are designed to work with engines over 400 c.i.d. as well as with diesel applications. All stall speeds are approximate ratings for fresh big block engines. Small blocks will vary 300 to 500 rpm lower.

Like car will have a 318 rv cam and 3.23s would this benefit in increasing mileage as it claims? or is it BS?
MUAWS GUESS IS , ''IT WOULD BE TOO TIGHT >"

I tell people not to order a torque converter without making a phone call to the company. If someone doesn't ask you cam specs, weight, gear ratio, etc. You are "guessing" at best.

A mismatched converter can absolutely KILL performance on an otherwise good car.

That's my 2 cents

X2. I called Hughes when researching my converter. They suggested their Street-Strip 35 series unit. I couldn't be happier.

Definitely give them a call.

Pat

Never/ever buy an "off the shelf" converter. Always call the converter builder, and give them the car/engine specs, and the results you would like. Then they can make a accurate recomendation.

Cool! thanks for all the responses i will call before ordering and let them know what im running.

So it is possible to gain some gas savings by purchasing a tighter converter by reduce slippage up to 25 percent thats a good bump in economy.

-
Back