Hunting by a Cemetery

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Two friends go deer hunting near a Cemetery.
After a short time an 8 pointer walks out of the woods by the road entrance.
The one spots it and prepairs to shoot.
When he suddenly pulls back as he see a funeral approaching,. From down the road a good quarter mile away.
He stands and removes his hat as the prosession
drives in.
The deer now long gone. His friends says John you could have taken the deer before that line came thru. That was the most selfless and dignified act I have seen but why. You had time to take the shot.

John looks back and says well call it a moment of weakness. I missed the service, and I was married to the ***** for 38 years.
I figured I owed her something.

reminds me of the guy sitting all alone at the 7th and deciding game for the Stanley Cup final beside an empty seat.A nearby fan asked in amazement why no one had used the seat.He exclaimed it's also mine but my wife couldn't make it.Of coarse the fan wondered why he hadn't offered it to a friend?
He remarked "they are all at my wifes' funeral"

Two friends go deer hunting near a Cemetery.
After a short time an 8 pointer walks out of the woods by the road entrance.
The one spots it and prepairs to shoot.
When he suddenly pulls back as he see a funeral approaching,. From down the road a good quarter mile away.
He stands and removes his hat as the prosession
drives in.
The deer now long gone. His friends says John you could have taken the deer before that line came thru. That was the most selfless and dignified act I have seen but why. You had time to take the shot.

John looks back and says well call it a moment of weakness. I missed the service, and I was married to the ***** for 38 years.
I figured I owed her something.
It's the thought that counts.

reminds me of the guy sitting all alone at the 7th and deciding game for the Stanley Cup final beside an empty seat.A nearby fan asked in amazement why no one had used the seat.He exclaimed it's also mine but my wife couldn't make it.Of coarse the fan wondered why he hadn't offered it to a friend?
He remarked "they are all at my wifes' funeral"
I think that would apply to any Leaf game really .

-
Back