Hurst Quarter stick VS. B/M Pro ratchet?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
Im wondering about the BM Pro ratchet shifter, Just how stout is it? I know that the Hurst quarter stick WILL NOT allow a missed shift but i dont like the fact that I gotta pull that lever to hit third gear. I think Id rather just bang the shifter.

Anyone got experience with both? what do you like and dislike about them?

Thanks again for all your time and advice.

I have been researching shifters a lot lately and I decided to go with Precision Shifters. I have not read one bad thing about them.

That link goes to amazon with a bunch of shifter stuff..? what model are you looking at?

I have the quarter stick and I dont like it that much, altho it may just be that pops wont let me chuck the passanger seat out of his car (yet). yea i got it raised up but when clamped into the seat I just dont like the thought of trying to remember (reach for) that dam lever at 100 plus MPH...

I use the b&m pro rachet,that hurst quarter stick is ok for a street car you don't shift only to put it in one gear,in my eyes I had a hurst quarter stick in a car I bought and threw it in the trash and got the b&m so I can shift it

i always liked the quarter stick.

then i tired a turbo action and will never use anything else..

Whatever you get make sure there is no way in hell the reverse lockout can fail......

I've been using the B&M ever since I started racing many moons ago even when it was a mr gasket and think it is one of the best for the money and so easy to work and it will never miss a shift.

I mounted it right on top of the center plate where the stock shifter would go, easy for me to reach without looking for it.

Attachments

• steering wheel and fire bottle 001.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 313
That link goes to amazon with a bunch of shifter stuff..? what model are you looking at?

I have the quarter stick and I dont like it that much, altho it may just be that pops wont let me chuck the passanger seat out of his car (yet). yea i got it raised up but when clamped into the seat I just dont like the thought of trying to remember (reach for) that dam lever at 100 plus MPH...

I have no idea how that got turned into a link. I didn't mean for that too happen. There are 3 models. One model is for an air shifter and the other two are the same except one is polished and the other is not.

I have used the Pro Ratchet and the Turbo Action and like them both.

I've had both. Pro Ratchet wins all day for me. Nothing wrong with the Quarter Stick, it's just that the Pro Ratchet is more simple to use and every bit as effective.

I should also mention that there is one trans builder who told me the Pro Ratchet is junk. The name starts with an S, the last letter is an R and the letter M is in between the other letters. Their claim was that its not precise enough and if I bought a trans from them they would not warrantee it unless I bought a shifter from them also. Their shifter is very expensive. Needless to say, I did not do any business with them.

Attachments

• 101_0231.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 352
I've always liked the Quarter Stick, but I ran it in a factory E body console more because it fit well. I had run the factory slap stik for years but needed a cable shifter for that car. I actually liked the "pull for 3rd" part of it but this goes back before most of the better options available now. I still have that one actually...lol.

I have the pro-rachet it's like playing a game of pac-man shifting 'spriiririririnngngg' when you let go of the handle. VERY NICE feel, gate and shift.

I have been researching shifters a lot lately and I decided to go with Precision Shifters. I have not read one bad thing about them.

I have one also and I hope you have better luck getting the shift cable bracket installed than I did. I do love the shifter though.

just droped the coin on the B&M Pro ratchet.

If it works like I think I see the Hurst quarter stick getting mounted to the wall of shame (unused or poorly built parts wall)..

What you dont got that wall?

I like it!

i been making the WAA WAAA WAAAA soud, cant wait to get.thos sucker installed.

We will see as I now own them both.

The quarter stick is going in the T and the pro ratchet in my dart 440.

-
Back