I’m freekin bored.

-
FYI Pismo Car show, 6/1 & 6/2
1715538161458.png

right on the beach. Bring hiking shoes, you will need them :lol:

That would be tempting.
One of the guys I used to ride with broke both wrists on a night ride I passed on.
Hit a ditch he didn’t see till the last second.
It's brings a whole new dimension to it, that's for sure

Even trails you know inside out look different at night

And I don't know how your ride is set up, but my KDX has a headlight, but no battery
Which means I can see great at 6000RPM
At anything just over idle, not so much
Which means that when I slow down to approach a curve, I pretty much go in blind

Good times

When I retired, I felt a bit lost, but still wanted to work on cars, but, for whatever reason, not my cars.
I put an ad in the local media offering help to folks that were "stuck" on some piece of their car restoration.
I was blown away.
Long story short, I met a buncha folks who were at an insurmountable part of their project.
It'd be something I was able to help them get over, wiring, suspension, fire-up.
I helped get 8 or 9 vehicles on the road, several others on their way.
It was just a matter of a little kick in the *** to get their blood flowing, a walk around the car kicking tires.
It also got my blood flowing, and I got going and finished the projects I had been putting off, and some of those folks came and helped me.
The smiles and friendships were very much worth it.
Try it, lotta projects need help, often not much, just a nudge .
Good luck .

Nothing but bars around here, and I don’t drink or even enjoy being around drunk people.
There are a few night time car get togethers in Phoenix, but that is an hour and a half drive one way.

I like driving at night on lit multi lane freeways with the windows down, but nothing like that around here.
Phoenix again.
Probably just sit here and watch other people on YouTube drive their cars. (again)

Phuque
I like being by myself I'm not married and love to tinker in the garage but running out of projects so modifying my Scamp frontend over the winter just because I can. Money is tight and hard at times to make ends meet. Retired and living on a fixed income is hard but do some side work and the bored days are few but still have a few days each week that drive me nuts.

When I retired, I felt a bit lost, but still wanted to work on cars, but, for whatever reason, not my cars.
I put an ad in the local media offering help to folks that were "stuck" on some piece of their car restoration.
I was blown away.
Long story short, I met a buncha folks who were at an insurmountable part of their project.
It'd be something I was able to help them get over, wiring, suspension, fire-up.
It was just a matter of a little kick in the *** to get their blood flowing, a walk around the car kicking tires.
It also got my blood flowing, and I got going and finished the projects I had been putting off, and some of those folks came and helped me.
Good luck .

I have been considering this.
One thing that puts a kink in those kinds of thoughts is remembering what A holes some people can be.
You know, the ones that blame you for everything from then on.
Just did 25 years of owning a computer service company, and they were even worse about that kind of attitude than car people were.
You fix their email program, then they blame you for some video odd format won’t open and it’s all your fault.
“You need to come fix this and I am not paying for your time”

Not sure I want to put myself back into those positions.

Last edited:
Nothing but bars around here, and I don’t drink or even enjoy being around drunk people.
There are a few night time car get togethers in Phoenix, but that is an hour and a half drive one way.

I like driving at night on lit multi lane freeways with the windows down, but nothing like that around here.
Phoenix again.
Probably just sit here and watch other people on YouTube drive their cars. (again)

Phuque
Any driving ranges-golf close ? A garage sale putter and sand wedge and a few balls is cheap entertainment.

Any driving ranges-golf close ? A garage sale putter and sand wedge and a few balls is cheap entertainment.

Unfortunately I can’t stand golf.
Doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good suggestion though.

I was blown away.
Good luck .
I like this, great idea!

I had to come back and add this .

There have been few times in my life when I had the opportunity to see the **** faced grin of someone who has struggled, bled, cried, tempted divorce, to finally hear, see his dream move, make noise, and fire-up, open headers .
That momentary look of shock/realization/absolute glee .
That's payment enuff .
Try it, - it will change you .

Is there an animal shelter near you? There are never enough people to help out at animal shelters, and the rewards of unconditional love you'll get from homeless dogs and even cats will put a smile on your face.

I was blown away.
Good luck .
Bless you, man....That is some real honest to goodness charity.
Is there an animal shelter near you? There are never enough people to help out at animal shelters, and the rewards of unconditional love you'll get from homeless dogs and even cats will put a smile on your face.
Awww, man....Who could volunteer without wanting to rescue all the cute ones?

Awww, man....Who could volunteer without wanting to rescue all the cute ones?
I admit that it's tough, and I was a "foster failure" when I got into fostering and socializing dogs that had been abandoned. My first wife was actually the failure, she couldn't bear to let go of this beautiful German Shepherd female we had been tasked with. Bridget was the first one we fostered, and I know that I could easily have been persuaded to keep a few of the later ones, but the idea was to make them adoptable. We saved many lives, us and our own dogs, by showing the foster dogs that they didn't have to fear people and by training them in basic commands and manners. Hard as it was to return them to be adopted, it was so much more rewarding to know that they had found a good home.

I have a wonderful companion and a couple of great dogs. We have a nice property to upgrade, some good neighbors and we drink with our friends...but I have to admit one of my favorite pass times is taking apart old cars that have desirable parts and passing them along to people who need them. Heck grab an old junker out there in AZ get down and dirty and post some desirable parts. You are in the perfect state to grab one.

Maybe time for another project car. I have the opposite issue in my life right now. Never bored not enough time. Got 2 step kids 13 and 9 and a daughter 7.

I have a wonderful companion and a couple of great dogs. We have a nice property to upgrade, some good neighbors and we drink with our friends...but I have to admit one of my favorite pass times is taking apart old cars that have desirable parts and passing them along to people who need them. Heck grab an old junker out there in AZ get down and dirty and post some desirable parts. You are in the perfect state to grab one.
If you come across a high back front seat with armrest for a 2 door A body, please let me know

If you come across a high back front seat with armrest for a 2 door A body, please let me know
I think I have one but you thought it was like the one you already have. The base is pretty nice. the back has torn material. I can have my wife post it soon. I have the correct seat and no longer need it if you would like to see if it is actually like yours.

I think I have one but you thought it was like the one you already have. The base is pretty nice. the back has torn material. I can have my wife post it soon. I have the correct seat and no longer need it if you would like to see if it is actually like yours.
Oh yeah, i think we got this far last time too, and then while waiting on the pictures i just plum forgot about it

-
Back