I am on my way to driving.....Again

-

70dart

Reaction score
Well after losing my license due to having a stroke I will be driving again soon! Thank God! I did all of my testing through Occupation Therapy including my road test and I passed all of the tests with flying colors...Wooo Hoo! So now all I have to do is get the suicide knob steering device and the apparatus that changes the gas pedal over to the left of the brake pedal to be operated with my left foot. Then I have to pass another road test with the department of motor vehicle and I'm home free. Independance again and I can hardly wait!!

Glad to hear the good news! A friend of mine through work, his wife had a stroke and she had the same conversion done on her SUV and is back to driving no problem. Good luck with your testing there Marvin, way to go:cheers:

That sure is some very good news to here this morning Marvin :cheers:
Getting back in a car and getting out on your own
and going through so much needed therapy and know here you are
taking all the tests and passing them with flying colors.:-D
You have been working hard at your therapy and I would give a loud
scream for you but Treva is still asleep so Wooo Hoo brother
I am sure everything will go good at the department of motor vehicle.
God bless you are moving forward.:happy10:

That makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. being a stroke victim myself I can really know how you feel.

Way to keep on puhing forward! Keep up the good work.

That really is great news Marvin, very happy for you. :cheers:

Really glad to hear that you have come back from a horrible thing. Congrats and best of luck on the last test!! (id say break a leg but somehow that just doesnt seem right for a driving test :-D)

When will you be going for you DMV test ?

Good luck Marvin, we're all on your side! keep it up bro'!

sincerely, Tom.:cheers:

MtNemoMopar you are right things like that are taken for granted until you can't do it when you want or need!

Mike the test won't be for a while yet as I have to fill out the paperwork to get approved by the government for funding to get the gas feed and steering device. As it getting close to the end of the year hopefully there is budget money left to get the stuff. I have to get it safety inspected, and registered to have copies of those papers to send in with the paperwork. So much red tape to go through. You would think they could make the process a little easier for stroke survivors with limited ability to get through. After I get approved for funding I then have to order the stuff and haved it installed on the truck. Then I let the driving test department at rehab know i got the setup in place and they let DMV know i need to be tested and they send me a letter about the testing appointment. So i expect it to be a while yet! Thank God for the rehabilitation center where I spent 5 months helps me so much with this as well as leg and arm physio, occupational therapy(work on arm and hand) and workplace integration, and the driving assesment and testing, as well as computer integration where I can't type like i used to be ale to. Thanks for all your support!

Yes dartcuda some scary stuff indeed. More so for my family then me as I was unconcious on support so I didn't know what was happening, and wasn't told the full story for a couple of months after. But i am slowly getting a little better!

Yeah it does seem to effect the ones that love us more than ourselfs. Just nice ot know oyu have the support from some loving family and friends. I think that is what helps most get through it. Keep up the good work.

:wave: Marvin,

Very glad to hear your progress.....Keep up the good work :toothy10: Driving is a freedom to be enjoyed especially in a Mopar.

I wouldn't have known about you if it wasn't for Coyote Jack...It was around the same time I joined FABO.

:wav:

The red tape has got to be a pain that youd think could be eased a bit after all youve been through. Definately sounds like youve come a long way and your story is for sure an inspiration!!

-
Back