I am P' Oed

-
i am sure every single member on this site has been in your shoes at one time or another, or like me, time after time.lol

This may be a bit geeky, but...

...I keep a small rock in my pocket. Every time I reach into my pocket, it's there, and every time I feel it, I think of at least one thing in my life that is good and that I appreciate. Like my wife, or whatever. It can be more specific too. Your choice. It's a gratitude rock. It helps you to remember all the things in your life that are good, and that you're thankful for. That way, when things get to be a bit too much to handle, you're mentally prepared to deal with it. Your mind is trained to think of all the good things in your life, and you keep the bad in perspective, because the bad is usually temporary and will be forgotten soon. It helped me to stay positive through the rough periods of my life the last few years.

This may be a bit geeky, but...

...I keep a small rock in my pocket. Every time I reach into my pocket, it's there, and every time I feel it, I think of at least one thing in my life that is good and that I appreciate. Like my wife, or whatever. It can be more specific too. Your choice. It's a gratitude rock. It helps you to remember all the things in your life that are good, and that you're thankful for. That way, when things get to be a bit too much to handle, you're mentally prepared to deal with it. Your mind is trained to think of all the good things in your life, and you keep the bad in perspective, because the bad is usually temporary and will be forgotten soon. It helped me to stay positive through the rough periods of my life the last few years.

not geeky at all!,

thank you for that.

I just might give that a try.

I think it's also called "the attitude of gratitude" LOL. I've heard of it from several places, it's been around quite awhile. I do believe that trying to think positively as often as possible, even during times when it seems like you can't, really does help with your life overall. I've just figured that out in the past couple years. Not to negate the bad... the bad happens, but it's how we deal with it mentally that makes all the difference. Good luck again.

lately with all the negative things that have been going on, I tend to dwell on things a bit to much.

but I still take time to be thankful for the things i do have....such as my family.....no matter the situation ,as long as I had my family that would be enough for me.

and my friends here at fabo of course.....so many friends I have meant here that are just more sincere than what few friends I have in my personal life even.

I find great joy in knowing that no matter how bad of a day I may have had that after spending time with my family and talking with my friends here at fabo and reading peoples threads and checking out the cars they have and what not that I can atleast forget about some of the bad things...even for a little bit.

hard to put into words how I feel about everyone here at FABO....you guys are just awesome.:cheers:

wow, who knows what they put in that crap now a days.

half of it doesnt even taste good to me anyways....and if it does, give it an hour or two and I won't be feeling good because the stuff has so much dang grease on it.

Worst part about these fast food places is that the employees are usually foreigners who do not understand a single word of English and cannot count to 10 even using their fingers.
Usually anytime you cant understand them when placing an order in the drive thru (during peak dining hours mainly) is because your talking to a call center in India......saw it on the Discovery channel.

Just wanted to let you guys know I may have lucked out a little bit!.

its cold and raining right now but I jacked my wifes durango up real quick to check it out and see if it had a bad wheel bearing or what the deal is.

and right away I found the problem.

I put new shocks on the durango all around a year ago but they were cheaper ones......plus if any of you know michigan roads than this isnt to far fetched sounding LOL.

with our roads around here it busted the shock bolt and tweaked the shock and the bushings fell out of the lower shock mount and when it happened the shock kicked out sideways and smacked the dust shield and that was the noise I was hearing.

so I pried the dust shield away from the rotor and now I can roll the wheel and the noise is gone.

the driver side shock looks like its about to cut loose too......so it looks like I need to pick up a good set of front shocks for it and extract the bolt and get a couple of new bolts for it and it should be good to go.

it will cost a bit for the good shocks but it beats what I have heard prices on these wheel bearings are. so its not "good news" but its better than I was expecting...so i guess its good news? LOL

I would say thats good news... still a problem for ya, but not as costly a problem as you were expecting.. I would call that a positive thing. (these days I look for any sign of positve things lol) .. keeping my fingers crossed that your luck continues to improve my friend

I would say thats good news... still a problem for ya, but not as costly a problem as you were expecting.. I would call that a positive thing. (these days I look for any sign of positve things lol) .. keeping my fingers crossed that your luck continues to improve my friend

not to mention a much easier fix....a couple bolts and its out and a new ones in ( atleast I hope it goes that easy lol ).

the last set of shocks I got were just cheap $17.00 a piece gabriels I think they were .....so I need to upgrade to something better, shocks that only last 7 months just aint going to cut it.

DANGIT LOL....

so i called paypal about the hole mcdonalds issue......everything went smooth and I thought they got it taken care of.......well just a few minutes ago I get a charge for the exact same amount from mcdonalds again.

I was under the impression the chick swiped the card 6 times total ( 2 of which the charges went through and amount removed from my account and was under a status of "pending") (4 of which were declined charges from the money not being there from the first 2 charges).

but I contacted paypal again and they said that they swiped it atleast one time prior to all the rest and that transaction went through right away and just took until now to arrive in my summary.

they said they can not refund it because the payment already went through, they said all I could do is file for a dispute but the guy acted like he didn't know what he was doing asnd kept mummbeling "lets see......should I file it as item not received ? or should I file it as faulty merchandise? and finally after like a 5 minuite pause he says "I actually don't need you to stay on the phone, ill figure it out" and say to expect and email with info on what to do and not to get my hopes up since I did not have a receipt for the transaction (WELL DUHHHHH....I didn't get one because they told me payment didnt go through!!!)

anyhow...I get an email saying I need fill out forms and a copy of my receipt and blah blah blah and then send it back to them.

im tired of dinking around with it and getting the run around.

looks like I call or go down there in person again and talk to a manager that maybe knows what they are talking about and try to get a refund or atleast in store credit.

I hate when stupid little things like that happen.....happened before a few times too....a couple times at local parts stores and stuff.

last winter I ordered a crank kit for my 318 for my duster and it showed up and it was a crank for a mid 90's 4 banger duster LOL....I told them what the deal is and they didnt want to exchange it for the correct one even though I never even left the store with the dang thing ......after a drawn out process I finally got my money back and went elsewhere and got the RIGHT parts.
sorry for ranting guys.

Boy I tell ya.

man what year is the durango? I might be able to get you some used oem shocks and all the hardwere dirt cheep (read free) I need the year and any other pertinant info. A friend of mine works for a junk yard and can get just about anything. I'll pay the shipping if he has the needed parts.

man what year is the durango? I might be able to get you some used oem shocks and all the hardwere dirt cheep (read free) I need the year and any other pertinant info. A friend of mine works for a junk yard and can get just about anything. I'll pay the shipping if he has the needed parts.

Hey thank you for the offer....that's awesome off you to do.

but to be honest I don't think I want to risk running used ones and have the same thing happen down the road again ya know?.

so I think when my wife gets her check I am going to have her get a set of decent front shocks.

if it was my own vehicle or a beater car or something.....I would bend the old shock straight,find some rubber to fit and use it as a bushing and put it back together and call it good lol.....but with it being our family vehicle I don't want to risk it with my little one.

thank you though for the offer, that is awesome of you to do!

You know Jerrod, when I first heard about this credit/debit card thing, the first thing I thought was SCAM!!! There is so much of that going around, I don't even have a debit card. I remember the scam about debit card swiping through the checkout line where the unscroupulous cashier was adding a $20.00 cashback charge onto the end of the transaction, you know, like the card owner wanted a $20.00, but most people don't look at their receipt to notice it and the cashier pockets the $$$. I immedietly thought of that when you posted this!!! Make sure you watch your card using closely, I'm sure the cashiers at McD's are not making more than minimum wage and this would be an easy scam to pull given their volume of business!!! Geof

Though I am probably a lot older, I have found out how to live on ridiculously low amounts of money and actually remain healthy but that is something we all must learn if life is more important then fast food joints and watching this may actually help [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJey_C6GL0k"]YouTube - Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution - How to Make Nuggets[/ame]

My other secret weapon is actually having hands on talent where no electric or big dollar tools are needed and no boss to see everyday, where money comes to those who make money come to them. I know this may sound harsh but the only way to learn is to go for it, learn a trade and make it happen as no one makes money by staying in one place waiting for a customer to walk through the door

I came into this thread just now and was thinking the same thing as Baxter61. You can buy a pound of dried beans for around a buck. Add some chopped carrots and celery, a cup of rice, maybe some onion, garlic and other spices and you have enough bean soup to feed two for two - three days. The cost is way under $5. You can stretch that by adding a pound of pasta for another buck.

Thanks to those who have offered opinions on other food options......its not like we eat fast food every day though......its just that at the time all local grocery stores were closed and those that were open were so far away that the cost of gas to get there would have cost the same and the closest mini mart ( ironically) there card machine normally gives me trouble with my card so I just don't use my card there... so we decided on fast food for the night.

nothing was fast about it though lol.

when we have money we shop responsibly and buy plenty of canned foods and fresh veggies and dried goods and so on......we just hit a rough patch and had no money and no assistance.

anyhow.......got the new shocks today for the durango and installed them!!!

so...one less thing to worry about.

thank you all who have came to me with kind words and offers and to those who have helped simmer me down when things were up in the air.

right now we are doing "ok" though .....all the bills are paid just about, got gas money,a bit of food and enough money to get by onand enough for our little one to get a pumpkin for halloween .....just having to catch up from when we didnt have any income for a couple months awhile back.....so hopfully we can keep climbing out of the slump and stay on top.

another member actually gave me a pretty neat idea for some special stickers to sell to make some extra cash that I might try looking into.

again, thank you to all my friends here that have helped keep my spirits up, you guys are great!

Thanks to those who have offered opinions on other food options......its not like we eat fast food every day though......its just that at the time all local grocery stores were closed and those that were open were so far away that the cost of gas to get there would have cost the same and the closest mini mart ( ironically) there card machine normally gives me trouble with my card so I just don't use my card there... so we decided on fast food for the night.

nothing was fast about it though lol.

when we have money we shop responsibly and buy plenty of canned foods and fresh veggies and dried goods and so on......we just hit a rough patch and had no money and no assistance.

anyhow.......got the new shocks today for the durango and installed them!!!

so...one less thing to worry about.

thank you all who have came to me with kind words and offers and to those who have helped simmer me down when things were up in the air.

right now we are doing "ok" though .....all the bills are paid just about, got gas money,a bit of food and enough money to get by onand enough for our little one to get a pumpkin for halloween .....just having to catch up from when we didnt have any income for a couple months awhile back.....so hopfully we can keep climbing out of the slump and stay on top.

another member actually gave me a pretty neat idea for some special stickers to sell to make some extra cash that I might try looking into.

again, thank you to all my friends here that have helped keep my spirits up, you guys are great!
Im sorry to hear about your troubles but things seem to work themselves out for the better. Where abouts in Michigan are you from? As far as the rock in the pocket maybe you could keep a couple in there and when you are feeling down reach in there at one of those moments and say to yourself " how the heck do these rocks keep getting in my pocket????" and throw one:-D At least you will think after the toss "what kind of a dink am I for throwing random rocks from my pocket" JK LOL

As far as the rock in the pocket maybe you could keep a couple in there and when you are feeling down reach in there at one of those moments and say to yourself " how the heck do these rocks keep getting in my pocket????" and throw one:-D At least you will think after the toss "what kind of a dink am I for throwing random rocks from my pocket" JK LOL

Great idea! I never thought about that... as a last line of defense the rock can be used to vent for stress relief :cheers: :snakeman:

Im sorry to hear about your troubles but things seem to work themselves out for the better. Where abouts in Michigan are you from? As far as the rock in the pocket maybe you could keep a couple in there and when you are feeling down reach in there at one of those moments and say to yourself " how the heck do these rocks keep getting in my pocket????" and throw one:-D At least you will think after the toss "what kind of a dink am I for throwing random rocks from my pocket" JK LOL

HAHA good idea, could also serve for self defense purposes LOL.

Im in the jackson area by the way

I heard a statement I like on a money talk show that I listen to. It helps me keep my head on straight. The statement is the answer to anyone who asks "how are you?". It is "better than I deserve". If I'm in a funk it tells me God cares ( if I were judged by His standards I'm cooked!), and if I'm overly proud it tells me I'm really not THAT great. (I struggle with depression so usually it's the first.) His mercy is great!

Though I am probably a lot older, I have found out how to live on ridiculously low amounts of money and actually remain healthy but that is something we all must learn if life is more important then fast food joints and watching this may actually help YouTube - Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution - How to Make Nuggets

lovely video,

I wish you the best Jerrod. times are tough, stick in there. I wish you where closer, I'd pay you to do some work on me car.

:happy10:
Alex

lovely video,

I wish you the best Jerrod. times are tough, stick in there. I wish you where closer, I'd pay you to do some work on me car.

:happy10:
Alex

Thanks for the well wish's.

thats one of the things that I like to do that clams me down and helps me forget about money troubles and what not ( well, sometimes lol)......working on my car.....once I get in the "zone" It settles me down.

-
Back