I dont think he's ready to date yet

-
but i will teach him what the Bible has to say about mixed marriage and the clear prohibitions against it)
Train a child up in the way that he should go and when he is older, he will return to it. That's about all you can do.
I was not yet redeemed when my kids were growing up until the eldest was 14.
I had no idea what I was in for.
They all turned out fine tho, in the end.
And everybody still loves everybody else.
And I still love my wife of 47 years.
But
if I got a do-over, I would definitely try harder to stay single.

what in the world does the pope have to do with Christianity?

i will boldly state that anyone who is ok with sodomy does not know his bible

and that is nothing new either, the Bible tells us about a man named Asa whose heart was perfect with God and you know what he did?

he removed all the sodomites from the land

(like the destruction of sodom and gmorrah didnt tell tell you all you needed to know about how God feels about sodomites)
The Pope is head of the Catholic Church. I'm sure you've heard of the guy. An old fart blessing people in one of the richest companies in the world.
As long as sodomy doesn't involve you then who's business is it? Certainly not yours or mine. I don't condone it but I mind my business.
Sodom and Gmorrah... as someone said "Fake News"
So keep your religion to yourself and don't ram it down people's throats. I don't want to hear it that's for sure

The Pope is head of the Catholic Church. I'm sure you've heard of the guy. An old fart blessing people in one of the richest companies in the world.
As long as sodomy doesn't involve you then who's business is it? Certainly not yours or mine. I don't condone it but I mind my business.
Sodom and Gmorrah... as someone said "Fake News"
So keep your religion to yourself and don't ram it down people's throats. I don't want to hear it that's for sure

again, what does the pope have to do with Christianity?

he as far removed from it as joseph smith was

and whose business it is?
it is a blight on a society especially in a time where sodomites are allowed to adopt and raise children
that is nothing short of child abuse and someone should stand against it

as for "keeping my religion to myself", sure, but correct me if im wrong, wasnt it post #26 that brought the sodomites into this conversation?

if you want to talk about them, or anything else, great, we'll talk
if you dont want to, great we wont

but you cant pop in, drop a statement and then be surprised someone rebuttals that statement

i was wondering if you were going to tell me why you hit the red X on that

you misunderstood what i meant with "mixed marriages"
i was specifically talking about a marriage where one person is a Christian and the other one is not
the Bible forbids those unions

i dont mind people marrying out of their ethnicity and you are right, my wife and i are both from different countries and different colors

(edit, come to think of it, remember how this conversation started? i suggested he looked at girls outside his ethnicity)

there is nothing in the Bible that forbids that (of course, there is in the old testament, but that only had reference to Jews, and for the same reason...it would lead to idolatry)

as for gays (since you brought it up) it is a sin and two men (or two women) can not get married
i could go into the depths of how marriage is a picture of Christ and the Church and how serious God takes it when people ruin a picture of Christ (Moses smiting the rock a second time comes to mind)

soooo. back on topic
a person who claims to be a Christian, is biblically forbidden to marry someone who does not claim to be a Christian

since im raising my children as Christians (and all but the youngest profess to be) we will be holding them to that command

I am confused... Are you Muslim or Christian ? Cuz this Spiel sounds a lot like what Al-Qaeda professes .

What you are saying sounds like extremist Muslim rhetoric.
Has that ever occurred to you ?
Don't get me wrong ...I consider all religions to be equal .
Your make believe is just as good as their make believe .

When he keeps sniffing his finger at the dinner table you'll know. lol

What you are saying sounds like extremist Muslim rhetoric.
Has that ever occurred to you ?
Don't get me wrong ...I consider all religions to be equal .
Your make believe is just as good as their make believe .
You are forgetting that there is no room for repentance in the Muslim faith

In fact, they still chuck sodomites off buildings
I am not advocating for that, but I am saying it is a choice and a sin, just like the Bible says

i wonder if that is why Adam said "there is none meet for me" when he named all the cattle
if men were supposed to like feminist, surely adam would have picked a hog or a hippo or a baboon

:poke:
I know your kidding but that's just rubbing me the wrong way. Those creatures don't have squishy parts in the right places.
Here is the key to my success in marriage;
I always consult with my wife in every major decision-making process, cuz that makes her feel important, and proves my love towards her.
Then I do my part, which is to make the hard decisions.
In the beginning, the Chain of Command was from God the Father, to His Son, to man/husband, to wife/mother, to children and household. After the Cross, God gave to His son, all authority.
In Scripture;
Clearly, God commanded the wife to be obedient to her husband.
Clearly, God commanded the husband to love his wife.
Clearly, when a man and a woman are married, God says, the two become ONE flesh, and Paul makes it clear that their bodies are no longer their own.
Clearly, this is how the children of God are to behave.
As long as everybody knows their position in the Chain of command, and is obedient to their mandates; babies will begin arriving at regularly scheduled intervals in fulfillment of the First Commandment, which is; Be fruitful and multiply.
But husbands, know your place; the children and household are hers, make sure she gets the tools she needs to fulfill her role. When you come in from the Day's Work, and if your wife tells you that Little Johnny needs a couple of strokes of the rod, do your duty; don't even ask why; the kids are HERS. Even Abraham knew his place, and showed honor to Sarah as she ran the house.
That worked for dang sure in my Dad's house, and
it worked in my house, after I discovered these things.
But as for what the ungodly do, I cannot say. But, I suppose that since they are on the broad path that leads to Destruction anyway, pretty much anything is fair game. So theefore is it written; be not unequally yoked; and for dang sure, stay away from the Canaanite women.

I've known several families that forbid their child to be with the one they loved and the parents jump in (If it's any or their business) and put a stop to it. Is that fair? Absolutely not!!! My wife's uncle had that happen when he was young and later on in life the two of them did get together got married and lived a great life till his wife died. They could have had a whole life together if someone hadn't stuck their nose in their business.
As far as mixed marriages go once again who cares. Doesn't matter what colour of skin they have and being a so called christian you should know that.
Isn't your wife from a different country? So how come you married her?
If they are gay...so what... none of anyone's business except theirs and theirs only. Time to take your blinders off.
I know of course you're going to disagree but I don't care. I'm not prejudice and you shouldn't be either calling yourself a christian.

You speak from the unGodly side; knowing nothing or being willfully ignorant of the ways of AlmightyGod. You say you are not prejudiced, but your post says otherwise. It is you who wear the blinders of wilful ignorance.
Furthermore, again your ignorance and predudice are blatantly obvious when you say someone should not call themselves Christian, when you yourself have no clue what it even means to be a Christian; No matter how many books you may have studied, you cannot know it until you receive the Holy Spirit.
Consider that Paul himself was a student of the Torah, being intimately familiar with it, yet he was going about seeking to kill Christians wherever he could find them. He had no stinking clue, and neither do you.
Paul had an experience on the Road to Damascus, and God opened up Paul's understanding; and after that, Paul did an about-face. You should be so fortunate.
You cannot be a Christian without the Holy-Spirit. and
if you have the HolySpirit, you cannot not be a Christian.
Otherwise, a Christian is exactly the same as a non-Christian except,
he has stepped off the broad path that leads to Destruction in the Lake of Fire.
and has stepped onto the narrow path that leads to Everlasting Life, in God's coming New Kingdom.
After getting on the narrow-way, the redeemed one undergoes a period of learning how to please God. Pleasing you, is NEVER on his radar. YOU are not on God's radar either. God does not even "know" you. As a member of the Ungodly, you are a nothing and a nobody. And if you live long enough you may find out exactly how little God cares about the unGodly, when He unleashes his WRATH upon them, at the appointed time.
You may have an opinion about this, but that opinion is dead wrong.
I keep telling you guys over and over and over; OUR time, yours and mine and everyone's time on this Earth is just a test.
It's a test to separate;
the wheat from the tares, the sheep from the goats, the righteous from the wicked, the redeemed from the condemned. The only thing that separates YOU from us, is our Faith in the Shed Blood of the now-Risen Son of AlmightyGod. YOU can get off that broad path any time you want to, right up to death's doorstep. But the instant that your spirit (not capital S-Spirit) leaves your body, it's all over for you; you will perish in the Lake of Fire.
You can remain willfully ignorant, that is your freewill to do.
Youcannot cheat your way into the Book of Life. Nor can you work your way in. There is only one way in ; thru the blood-spattered door called Son of God.

Last edited:
So what does God have to say about a teenage boy getting his first stinky finger.

My oldest is living with his girlfriend, he came to me and say dad I want to buy this house. I said let your mother buy it for you and leave it in her name that way you won’t lose the house if she decides to leave. So it was done
So you speak of how unreliable marriage is in this society yet bash those who choose to not mess with it.

So you speak of how unreliable marriage is in this society yet bash those who choose to not mess with it.
I’m not bashing anyone marriage is a wonderful institution. It is the way our genetics work. When you trip over “the one” it’s fantastic. Lived two years in sin with my wife before WE decided to get married. 33 years in July. But it takes a couple of years of playing house to figure this out. No sense losing half of everything you own until you know for sure. Not a gambler. People do funny things for funny reasons

Looks like your going to get a lot of practice shoveling snow just saw a weather advisory for 200mm of snow coming your way. Hire a kid save your shoulders

WTF is 200mm? Hell, WTF is snow?
I don't work on my car in metric, nor do I work on it in this frozen white **** falling from teh sky. :poke:

WTF is 200mm? Hell, WTF is snow?
I don't work on my car in metric, nor do I work on it in this frozen white **** falling from teh sky. :poke:
Snow? Is this frozen water that falls out of the sky, affectionately known here as stupid dust because when it starts falling and the roads get slick people take they’re brains out and sit on them. As far a 200 mm, the rest of world uses that system of measurement, hell even your currency is using the metric system. I’ll bet you even have a set of metric tools, so:poke:

As far a 200 mm, the rest of world uses that system of measurement

e-are-2-types-of-countries-in-the-world-those-that-use-the-metric-system-and-those-that-have-lan.jpg

You speak from the unGodly side; knowing nothing or being willfully ignorant of the ways of AlmightyGod. You say you are not prejudiced, but your post says otherwise. It is you who wear the blinders of wilful ignorance.
Furthermore, again your ignorance and predudice are blatantly obvious when you say someone should not call themselves Christian, when you yourself have no clue what it even means to be a Christian; No matter how many books you may have studied, you cannot know it until you receive the Holy Spirit.
Consider that Paul himself was a student of the Torah, being intimately familiar with it, yet he was going about seeking to kill Christians wherever he could find them. He had no stinking clue, and neither do you.
Paul had an experience on the Road to Damascus, and God opened up Paul's understanding; and after that, Paul did an about-face. You should be so fortunate.
You cannot be a Christian without the Holy-Spirit. and
if you have the HolySpirit, you cannot not be a Christian.
Otherwise, a Christian is exactly the same as a non-Christian except,
he has stepped off the broad path that leads to Destruction in the Lake of Fire.
and has stepped onto the narrow path that leads to Everlasting Life, in God's coming New Kingdom.
After getting on the narrow-way, the redeemed one undergoes a period of learning how to please God. Pleasing you, is NEVER on his radar. YOU are not on God's radar either. God does not even "know" you. As a member of the Ungodly, you are a nothing and a nobody. And if you live long enough you may find out exactly how little God cares about the unGodly, when He unleashes his WRATH upon them, at the appointed time.
You may have an opinion about this, but that opinion is dead wrong.
I keep telling you guys over and over and over; OUR time, yours and mine and everyone's time on this Earth is just a test.
It's a test to separate;
the wheat from the tares, the sheep from the goats, the righteous from the wicked, the redeemed from the condemned. The only thing that separates YOU from us, is our Faith in the Shed Blood of the now-Risen Son of AlmightyGod. YOU can get off that broad path any time you want to, right up to death's doorstep. But the instant that your spirit (not capital S-Spirit) leaves your body, it's all over for you; you will perish in the Lake of Fire.
You can remain willfully ignorant, that is your freewill to do.
Youcannot cheat your way into the Book of Life. Nor can you work your way in. There is only one way in ; thru the blood-spattered door called Son of God.
You bible thumpers just don't get it. The bible was written to control the masses and that is all.
A spirit coming down to earth, are you serious? No such thing. There isn't an after life, once you're dead you're dead. That was proven by Houdini. If anyone could have contacted his wife after he died he would have been the one. Guess what, DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!
Hey...if this floats your boat then good luck to you.
Now keep to your religion if that's what you want but quit posting this crap because I for one don't want to see it. Start another post by all means and pray and quote the fictional book as much as you want. But keep it to yourselves you bunch of sheep.

It was a metric country that beat your woman's hockey team last night. lol

honestly, i never got into the olympics
or hockey for that matter

i did play field hockey as a youngster though, that was kinda fun, and it put me in some interesting social circles

honestly, i never got into the olympics
or hockey for that matter

i did play field hockey as a youngster though, that was kinda fun, and it put me in some interesting social circles
I'm not into football, soccer, baseball, hockey but do watch drag racing and have all my life. First race is Sunday at several times on Fox1 or Fox2. I have it have it programmed for Sunday night

So what. keep doing your conversions, on everything that is not made in USA. Lots of things made in the USA are made with the metric system otherwise you wouldn’t be able to sell them on the world market. Your military arms are metric 6.5 mm most of your police forces use a 9mm. I like base 10 easy to figure instead of fractions of some English kings foot. No malice intended just don’t understand it.

I'm not into football, soccer, baseball, hockey but do watch drag racing and have all my life. First race is Sunday at several times on Fox1 or Fox2. I have it have it programmed for Sunday night

a soccer game take almost 2 hours to watch, a football game used to be closer to 3, sometimes 4

a drag race, even a slow one 15 seconds and you're done...that fits my attention span
and as impressive as the 7 second cars are, the 13, 14, 15s usually give a better race to watch

-
Back