I don't think this is legal

-
Alw
I wouldn't have liked it either. It sounds like they made the wrong call based on someone knowing someone.
Always seemed to me (back in the day) , that chevies almost always got the breaks , remember wally parks putting 600 pounds on the prostock hemi`s , so the chevies could win ?
bill jenkins cried the loudest too !!

Alw

Always seemed to me (back in the day) , that chevies almost always got the breaks , remember wally parks putting 600 pounds on the prostock hemi`s , so the chevies could win ?
Hell back in 1976 or 1977 NHRA pencilled my Z/SA 170 powered 65 Valiant out of competion. They said no 6 cyl cars in Y or Z stock. Only 4 cyls. I could run under the record/index in Z/sa, but was not competitive running two classes higher. Back then we couldn't adjust the weight. I still had to run the same power to weight ratio as a Z stocker, but had to run in X/sa.
The **** really hit the fan at Englishtown NJ, at a big money stock eliminator race. Several National record holder "stockers" were there. High dollar cars. The Final was my 65 Valiant 170 slant six Z/SA car against a 67 Ply station wagon with a 225 slant six running Y/SA. Two lowest classes, and lowest cost cars.
I could tell other stories from back in those days, if you were not a track local/regular.

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't actually been Racing personally in over 40 years but in a REAL Race, I don't think I've ever seen them play Leap Frog. Car #2 just hits the trailer and calls it a day. I call B.S.!

Wow, I haven't actually been Racing personally in over 40 years but in a REAL Race, I don't think I've ever seen them play Leap Frog. Car #2 just hits the trailer and calls it a day. I call B.S.!

If you’ve sat out 40 years you honestly don’t know the situation some of these tracks are facing.

If you’ve sat out 40 years you honestly don’t know the situation some of these tracks are facing.
No, I get that part. I live about 20 miles from Rte 66 dragway and they had a rough patch. NASCAR bailed on the track next door. I'm just not sure how time and more than likely Money should supplant integrity. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Alw

Yessir, I remember that like it was yesterday. S & M were about to run away on the field so they made them carry more weight per cubic inch, Then the Fords started dominating with the Cleveland motors and they did the same to them. That's like saying Chevy sucks so well give them a head start.

Favoritism drove alot of racers away from Spokane Raceway . The last time we were there was 2004, in 2005 AHRA held the last world finals at Spokane.
At that point the track went on a course of disrepair and basically a test and tune track.
After closing several years ago, it is now being revived by the Kalispell tribe. If it's like anything the tribe does, Spokane will be one of the premier tracks in the country, once again.
Won't have to worry about pissing off the yuppies living close to Pacific Raceway bitching and moaning about firing up the cars too early. lol

Favoritism drove alot of racers away from Spokane Raceway . The last time we were there was 2004, in 2005 AHRA held the last world finals at Spokane.
At that point the track went on a course of disrepair and basically a test and tune track.
After closing several years ago, it is now being revived by the Kalispell tribe. If it's like anything the tribe does, Spokane will be one of the premier tracks in the country, once again.
Won't have to worry about pissing off the yuppies living close to Pacific Raceway bitching and moaning about firing up the cars too early. lol
Yes, from the homes they moved in to when the track was already there. Like buying a house next to the airport and bitchin' about the planes. SMH.

When you play favorites, you drive racers away. When tracks close due to lack of attendance and participants, one wonders whether those owners ever consider that it might be their own damned fault. Have you ever noticed the "teacher's pets" seem to be the most unlikable people at the facility?

If you have a rule book, it applies to everyone. The only time I would agree with an exception is if the person in the other lane agrees to it. Many times that person will extend the courtesy because they came to race and maybe hope "do unto others" still counts for something. In that case, that sportsman should have the final call of "enough is enough" to disqualify his would-be competitor. Otherwise it's, "Sorry, but them's the rules." Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

-
Back