I forgot where I got this

-

JeffisOld

Old, Ugly and generally Disagreeable!
Reaction score
1.jpg

i think i may have posted that one in "my luck" post, but that is 75 pages and after 10 i gave up
its in there, somewhere...but it might as well be in my garage

And all the A List drivers boycotted the car because the Goodyear supplied tires were not 200mph speed rated...That lasted 1 race.

I don't know if this is true or not but I was told that the main reason they were banned is because G.M. was the biggest owner of Nascar. Say no more say no more. Has anyone else heard that. If you can't beat them you ban them. Same as the Demon being banned from NHRA.

I don't know if this is true or not but I was told that the main reason they were banned is because G.M. was the biggest owner of Nascar. Say no more say no more. Has anyone else heard that. If you can't beat them you ban them. Same as the Demon being banned from NHRA.
the demon wasn`t banned, it just has to have a roll bar because of its speed and et. NASCAR DID BAN THE GEN 3 HEMI TOO !

I've heard that story for many years. I think the rule was engines can only have an inline valve train. Effectively ruling out the Hemi and the Boss 429. Kind of smells like GM doesn't it?

I've heard that story for many years. I think the rule was engines can only have an inline valve train. Effectively ruling out the Hemi and the Boss 429. Kind of smells like GM doesn't it?
Yeah definitely does sound like the General

Seeing how they won about 40% of the races, I imagine GM did some whining. France claimed the ban, and on Ford's 427, was because they weren't readily available to the general public.

Seeing how they won about 40% of the races, I imagine GM did some whining. France claimed the ban, and on Ford's 427, was because they weren't readily available to the general public.
Just goes to show there is always a lot of politics and red tape that you don't see or hear until someone spreads it around.

Just goes to show there is always a lot of politics and red tape that you don't see or hear until someone spreads it around.
Wally Parks admitted to Ronnie Sox, years later, and even apologized for adding 600 ponds the the hemi prostockers to kill them. Matter of record. Bill Jenkins was the loudest crybaby cause he couldn`t beat them. Thats when he came out w/ the first tube chassis/vega. You know where it went from there !

-
Back