i got a rhino sitting on my hood.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I put a v8 in a slant six car. I get nervous driving it down the highway becuase noone likes the sound of metal on concret at 70 mph and i cant have more than 1 other person int he car. Where can i get some heavier springs so I am no longer worried about this?

The headers hit...right on the flange. I was going to adjust the torsion bars but i was a little nervous about messing up the ride. Abodyjoe its nice talking to you again...u prob dont remember but I used to talk to you on myspace alot lol. Back before i had the v8 in the dart. Brown 73 with the black vinyle top.

I put a v8 in a slant six car. I get nervous driving it down the highway becuase noone likes the sound of metal on concret at 70 mph and i cant have more than 1 other person int he car. Where can i get some heavier springs so I am no longer worried about this?

Oh this sounds all too familiar to me. What brand headers to you use?

i know im going to get torn up for this but i am using hookers...i know i should have gotten tti but when ur 18 years old you dont really have the funds for tti headers.

i know im going to get torn up for this but i am using hookers...i know i should have gotten tti but when ur 18 years old you dont really have the funds for tti headers.

Hey that sounds familiar to me as well! I bought some hookers back when I was 18 as well (20 now). The driver side is hitting? I also put a V8 into what was a /6, but I switched out k-frames. If I can find where I saw it, they have shortie headers for small block mopar a-bodies now. For going the cheap way to do it, summit has their own brand of headers from 145-250$$ depending on if you want them natural or ceramic coated. Patriot exhaust products also has some available. And both of these are shortie headers.

how much would adjusting the torsion bars affect the steering or ride of the car...when i had the slant six in the car it drove like a dream...but then again it only had 32,000 miles on it...i put the v8 in it and it still drives nice its just a little nose heavy.

Changing the ride height by adjusting the torsion bars does not change the spring rate, is easily done if you take the weight off the adjusters by jacking the car up first, and should allow you to regain the lost ground clearance even with the softer six cylinder bars.

Yeah you should be good after you adjust the torsion bars but I would be looking around for some V8 torsion bars

PST has a good price going on torsion bars right now and they are sponsors of this site!! Crank the adjusters up for now, and use a tape measure from the ground to each wheel lip to get them even. If you can afford it, take it and get the alignment checked. You'll be fine!

After you crank them up you will need to have the front end realigned.

in the Early models 64 65 66 the K frame for /6 and for v8 is the same piece. the mounts
are a lil different but with the conversions from shoemacher no biggy. The torsion bars you have in there should be ok because there is not that much diff in weight between a /6 and a small block v8 if any, I think they are both around 525 lbs +- a pound or two if memory serves me, so the car really has no idea the engine has even been swapped...... for budget running I think you are OK with the TB's already there just crank em up EVENLY 1 turn on the left 1 turn on the right....with fine tuning to keep the car sitting straight and provide you the clearance

You need to set front end height, at what you want. Then measure down(to a level floor), from the bottom of the lower ball joint ,and the bottom of the LCA bushing, then make them equal. This is what the front end guy will do (and change what you did), if he has a clue how to align an old Mopar.

-
Back