I got another Duster today, here she is

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Hey everyone. As some of you have seen in my other post, I went scouting for Mopars on Sunday. Well I found this 73 Duster that has allot of nice parts and thought I would try to buy it for a parts car. After talking to the owner for a wile, I decided that it might be to nice to part out. Well, we agreed on a price and I went up today and got it. I got up there and it started right up.
The only problem is that the breaks need bled and the tires are junk.Other than that, it's pretty good. The 1/4's are rusty, but the floors and everything else are very nice. Its a slant six with an auto. I bought it from the orig owners son. With the exception of 6 months, it has been sitting in a garage for 15 years. The orig snake skin vinyl roof is perfect. Here are pics of as found, after loaded up, and the interior. Do you guys think $375 was to much?
4-12-09032.jpg

4-12-09033.jpg

4-12-09034.jpg

4-12-09119.jpg

4-12-09121.jpg

4-12-09122.jpg

can' t beat that price at all......I may have some interior stuff from a dodge dart dport...that is the same color..if you need anything....The bench seat I have is real nice...

350 doesn,t sound bad at all.Are you parting it,or selling as a whole?Does it have disc. brakes?Good deal!

I say you stole it, Great price indeed !

$350 huh? Yep, waaayy too much for it. In fact, I think you need to tell me where the rest of those Dusters are that you found, so I can come buy them up to save you from yourself. [-X

Seriously, very nice find...
Jerry

That is WAY TOO NICE TO PART OUT!!!!! Dont part that out. Just fix it and turn around and sell the whole thing. You would be WAY better off doing so. And then you would not F up a perfectly good car. And you would be able to sell that for at least $1,500. Then just buy the parts you need.

nice to see what my car should look like, the only difference that i noticed was the door panels and you still have the stripes :D

What ?? those are still available for under $400 in Idaho ?????? dang !! Nice score..... well worth the money.... be gald you found it before I did .. heh heh...

-RPM

Hey Guys. Thanks for the compliments. I have decided to fix it and drive it. I started it up this morning and it fired right up. It runs very smoothly. I am surprised. I am hoping to get tires and wheels on it this weekend. Anybody need the hubcaps? I also found some cool stuff in the car. I found an old Johnson and Johnson travel first aid kit that is complete and has a date of 1967. I think I might put it on Ebay for someone that wants a nostalgic piece to put in their cars. If anyone here wants it, let me know. I will post pics of that soon. I also found some sweet old school 70's aviators that are in good shape. I'll get a pic of them as well. As for the interior of the car, other than a little grime that I cleaned up. The back seat doesn't look to have ever been sat in. The front seat needs to be rebuilt. But I know somebody that will hook me up. I need to finish cleaning the interior and plan on doing that this week end. I also found two build sheets, but I only took one out and I found the orig temporary sticker from the dealer that it was sold at in 1973. Pics also coming, I still plan on putting a V8 in it unless I get the Dart Sport I am looking to get (pic enclosed). Then the V8 will go in that. Also, I forgot to mention the other car I found yesterday, also in ID, right after I picked up the Duster. It’s an orig paint 65 Coronet 500. No rust and very complete other than the engine and trans. Anyway, I need to get ready for school. So here are some pics.

Jeremy

I am going to try and get as many of these A-bodies as I can. I will probably be selling some extra parts for a reasonable price. As of right now, between myself and two friends. We have four Dusters and three Dart Sports two of which are HANG 10's, a 68 Dart post and a few others. I am trying to get them to join also.

4-12-09135.jpg

4-12-09134.jpg

I have a friend that does scratchless dent repair that is fixing this for me next week.
4-12-09133.jpg

4-12-09132.jpg

4-12-09127.jpg

4-12-09128.jpg

4-12-09129.jpg

4-12-09130.jpg

4-12-09131.jpg

4-12-09117.jpg

The Dart I want.
4-12-09002.jpg

4-12-09003.jpg

For the money, you gotta deal. Whats with that Dodge Coronet in the foreground?

Hey C : Pretty country and yes you got a deal on the snake skin duster. Vic and i are redoing the sister to yours. Ours is a 318 Gold Duster with the space duster fold down rear seat. PM me the price on that red coronet if you would please. Buy all of those A bodies you can afford.

Around here, the MINIMUM asking for that car would be $2000. Unbelievable. Why cant I be so lucky???????

I'll be honest. All you have to do is spend a few hours driving around and staying off of the main roads, go to those little town out of the way and don't be afraid to knock on the door. Also, bring dog treats. This really helps. There are still deals out there, you just have to find them. Look how many cars I took pics of this last week, they are all within a 100 mile range and there are still others that I didn't photograph. Granted, I knew about some of them prior to going for pics, but I also found new ones. You ever know when a car may come out of a garage that has been there for 15 years (like my Duster) and the owner doesn't know what they have and don't want much for it. I would have paid $500 for this Duster just for parts for my 340 car. But as you have all stated and I have found myself. It's to nice.

Here is a link to all the cars I have photographed since the 26'th of April.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56479.0.html

I know it wont be like this everywhere, but I know there are more out there than people think.

-
Back