I gots me a jeyob!

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
After being off a proper job for who knows how long, I got hired today doing the good paying trade again! :blob:

Been ready forever, time to catch up on life and most importantly:

Time to put that overdrive in. :shaking2:

Atta Boy , been off since Feb hoping to get back to the trade soon , I'm on the list for a new Chally .

Congratulations. I don't think it has improved out there one single bit in the last 6 years, only gotten worse.

Wish you the best. I keep hearing the economy has improved.

Hope it lasts. Tired of not being able to work and skidding my *** on the bottom, it's pretty damn raw.

Congratulations, Man! Back to carpentry, have to be sick of looking at sheet metal,lol. Good for you.

Congrats! What will you be doing?

The majority of my experience is interior/exterior, doing steel studs, computer access floors, acoustical t-bar ceilings.

I'm hired on to do journeyman acoustical work at a smaller contractor I had previous good relations with; real relaxed environment, light duty work. Kind of like a start-up office job.

Superintendent is very friendly and flexible. I lucked out: I'm getting back into it easy, not all contractors are like this; there are plenty of big man on the mountain, high strung screamer, I'm a professional, take ourselves way to seriously, big firms out here. In general they just want you to go there get it done and go home.

I have to take evening classes and a few Saturday classes at a training center to catch up to what I need and want to do for raise and certifications. I have to have 1 hour in 2 years to be able to take classes so, I've been locked out.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a great opportunity to blow the rust off, be fresh off the job and trained up when I need to approach a larger contractor. I had my reservations going to work for this contractor back in the day, but it saved my *** this time. I got hired no questions asked, he was happy to see me, bull-crapped a little bit and went on with our day vs treating me like a necessary evil.

I guess the moral of the story is don't burn any bridges, look respectable, do your job, don't be an jerk, you never know which one you'll need to cross in the future. I see a ton of folks go Jerry Springer show in the heat of passion. I guess I think too much about keeping busy in the slow times. :violent1:

Sorry y'all rant over. :eek:ops:

Thanks for the responses!

Congratulations, Man! Back to carpentry, have to be sick of looking at sheet metal,lol. Good for you.

Damn right, but I am ready to install some much needed upgrades that are proudly, NOT FREE!

Way to go! Good to hear that a "job" isn't as far off the mark as it seems a lot make it out to be! (I know the economy is bad, pretty much in the shitter) BUT, its not "that" bad.........yet, but we're gaining on it!

Way to go man! Now get the certs. and stay with it till you feel the need for a higher step to something that pays you the "worth while", you know?

Good for you.

I've been off on workmens comp since October with rotator cuff surgery, and when that arm gets healed I get to have the other side done

This is excellent news. Good luck to you, and keep your nose clean (punctuality, attendance, attitude, workmanship, etc).

Outstanding news to hear/see here this morning :cheers: that you are back at a good job and can look forward to moving forward :cheers: Congratulations PoisonDart74 :thumleft:

my brother in law was saying yesterday the company he works for needs carpenters in the worst way. There is plenty of work here in Cincinnati if your in construction. Matt said they're on forced OT and if they can't get more people hired to keep up with the pace, they were going to bring in the dreaded "M" word. Apparently they were able to get a bunch of kids hired as clean up, but they aren't allowed in some of the area's they really need them. If you're in this area and interested, I'll turn you on to my Bro in law.

People are losing their jobs here hand over fist......just yesterday, 472 people lost their jobs at a Coalmine Contractors.
If things don't pick up at my work, we could be lookin at losing some blokes too.

Congrats on ya job.

-
Back