I guess this is the theme for 2024

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It is quite obvious that the weather has been most unkind to us so far this season.
We are sorry to convey this message, but the cold temperatures and all the rain we have already received and will continue to do so have forced us to cancel both Friday's and Saturday's events. The track will be closed this weekend.
Please stay tuned to the Facebook page for upcoming schedule announcements, as there will be some adjustments.

With no racing this weekend, for those fortunate enough to have their mothers please be sure to spend some extra quality time with her and let her know how much she is appreciated and loved.

When I was dating my soon to be wife, living in the North Hills area. I had her car ready to paint. I had to do it outside because no garages available at the time. I could only do it on a weekend.
It rained every weekend for eight weeks strait that summer. I finally got it finished but what a frustrating project because of the weather.
I wish you the best this summer.

No racing at our LVMS track at all in May.

They have the Electric Daisy Festival where they draw
100,000 Hippies = Screaming and Naked!

The tell me they make more money on that than all the drag racing
events the entire year!

The trash cleanup and removal of all the comatose bodies takes several
weeks afterwards.

It would have been Big Fun for me in the 60's but not so vvery much Anymore!!

I need to get my Birthday suit sent out and get the wrinkles pressed out.

No racing at our LVMS track at all in May.

They have the Electric Daisy Festival where they draw
100,000 Hippies = Screaming and Naked!

The tell me they make more money on that than all the drag racing
events the entire year!

The trash cleanup and removal of all the comatose bodies takes several
weeks afterwards.

It would have been Big Fun for me in the 60's but not so vvery much Anymore!!

I need to get my Birthday suit sent out and get the wrinkles pressed out.

Yaa I don’t do naked very well anymore.

I’ve seen years like that. My local program was Wednesday nights. You didn’t get time to screw around because you have to be done by 2200 hours.

Anyway, we’d get several nice days in a row and come Wednesday morning and the clouds roll in.

Scattered showers all day and wouldn’t you know it never rained where I was but it rained at the track.

So they’d call the race at 2 o’clock or some **** like that and by 5 the sun was out and the track was drying.

One year is 6 straight weeks of that crap.

Wow Keystone is going all in this week trying to get some cars down the track.

We hope all of the mothers out there were well honored and celebrated yesterday. We just wish one Mother (Nature) would stop beating us like a rented mule this season. You want to race, we want to race, and she is looking like she wants to exert her influence on this coming weekend too. We’re going to try and trick her by adding a Snyder’s Performance Engineering test and tune on Thursday. This will be dependent on how much rain we get Tuesday and Wednesday. The pattern so far this season has been we just start to dry out, then we get turned into a swamp again. We will update on Thursday if we are able to run that night, so please check back. We will do everything we can to get Friday and Saturday in, if the weather permits us.

This week’s schedule:

Thursday, May 16 – Snyder Performance Engineering test and tune, ¼ mile, open to all street and drag vehicles. $42 to test and tune, $17 for spectators, kids 10 and under admitted free. Gates open at 5pm, on track from 6pm to 11pm. Run order is slick tire cars, bikes, junior dragsters, street tire cars, Teen Racing Series. For anyone making WDRA license passes, whether it is in Junior Dragster, Teen Racing, bike, or car/dragster, please let our officials know.
Basic tech rules are listed in the comments.

Friday, May 17 – Snyder Performance Engineering test and tune, ¼ mile, open to all street and drag vehicles, plus a gamblers race. $42 to test and tune, $17 for spectators, kids 10 and under admitted free. Gamblers race is 1/8th mile, $60 entry paid in the lanes (no gate fee), $1000 to win (minimum 20 cars), no buybacks. Gamblers racers may enter test and tune in the session/round AFTER they are eliminated (it is one run per round/session for all cars, both gamblers and test and tune). All run, No Box called to the lanes first, if there is an odd number of No Box cars, the last No Box car pairs up with the first Box car, one bye per round. Gates open at 5pm, on track from 6pm to 11pm. Run order is gamblers, slick tire cars, bikes, junior dragsters, street tire cars, Teen Racing Series. For anyone making WDRA license passes, whether it is in Junior Dragster, Teen Racing, bike, or car/dragster, please let our officials know.
Basic tech rules are listed in the comments.

Saturday, May 18 - 1/8th mile bracket racing, second day of the Sherwin Williams points series, plus a Powder Puff class for the ladies. Powder Puff is ladies only, 1/8th mile, $20 entry, street driven daily driver cars/trucks only (no race cars, no bikes). Gates open at 9:30am, time trials start at 11am, eliminations at 1pm. Run order is Latrobe Auto Group No Box, Top Fuel Energy Services Box, Motorcycles, RJ’s Heating & Cooling Junior Dragster, Seubert & Associates Sportsman, Power Puff. You do not need to join the points series in order to race on bracket days. Points forms must be fully and neatly completed, and turned in the tower, before the first round of eliminations. Entry and payout information is on the link:
CLASSES / PAYOUTS – Keystone Raceway Park

Coming up next week:
Friday, May 24 - Snyder Performance Engineering test and tune

Saturday, May 25 – Bracket racing, Sherwin Williams points day #3, with Nostalgia Iron Muscle

Racing on Mother's Day weekend is bad juju! :realcrazy:
When I was racing motorcycles, someone scheduled a ride on Mother's Day weekend.
EVERYONE crashed and came back hurt or with damaged bikes.
Never again!
Every other holiday is ok, but not Mother's Day!
:lol:

-
Back