I know it's not period correct, but...

-

pharmboy

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, I'm sure several of you have been keeping up with the saga of my 68 dart. It got out of the shop wednesday, and I'm getting the alignment tweaked today. Well, when I was getting it out of the shop, I noticed an original dual-snorkel scoop from a 70-72 A-Body, and talked him into throwing it in for a small additional fee. Just wanted to see how everyone thought it looked. Personally, I like it, makes the car look considerably more aggressive. Just wanted to see what everyone thought...

Scoop-Close.jpg

Scoop-Front.jpg

Right Front.jpg

Sweeeeeet!!! Don't worry 'bout the purests. As long as it's Mopar it's Kool. I'm going with a 440 six pack scoop on my 62 Lancer.

Cut the hood and make 'um functional.

As much as you have been through with that car you mount anything you want on that it! lol

Looks bad, it should be on my car instead.Just kidding.
Actually it's interesting how the vertical center of the grille and the indent
between the scoops seems to make an imaginary unbroken line.It could work.

Great looking scoop IMO and nice bonus score for your troubles...mount it. 8)

You want to know if people like it... I understand that, but in the end, if you like it, do it.

I like it.

You can cut that flat hood without anxiety too. If it was a GTS hood, that would be different.

I have a 69 that I'm redoing in the early 70's style. I want it to look like a Dart you would have seen prowling the streets then. I plan on a 6/pak hood for my 69/340 along with a few other upgrades from the early 70's including the Thermoquad for street racing as we say so much in the early 70's.
Hang in there and do what you feel.

-
Back