I love this place!

-

sefus

Reaction score
Just found this site today and it kicks! Its sweet to see some Abody dudes that know more than what stock specs are. The pics you guys have posted in different threads are freakin great!
Ive got an ole 73 swinger. Run down goes something like:
360 30 over, 10 under cast crank, fully balanced, Kb Hyperutecnic (sp?) 10.5:1 pistons, stock rods, 509 purple shaft cam, windage tray, stock 360 pan, hi volume oil pump, mechanical fuel pump, new alt, h20 pump, starter...

Ported Aluminum edel RPM heads with some CAT roller rockers

Airgap intake, Holley 650 double pumper, e choke

headman headers to a 2.5 inch system using an x pipe and 40 series mufflers out the back

tranny is a 904 with reverse manual valve body and 3000 stall

mini tub on a 8 3/4 sure grip and 4.10s.

full MSD distrib, ignition, coil, wires, timing control

the car itself is pretty straight forward with no side marker lights and getting a 3 inch cowl. will be stuck in primer gray for a while till i make up my mind on a color. engine bay and trunk are gloss black. Discs up front too.

Interior has some 74 charger se buckets, Hurst promatic shifter, pioneer cd and speakers (doors, package tray), new carpet, freshly painted everything else, not sure if im going to put the rear seat in for looks or just do a nice clean piece of tin for weight.

Im sure there is a bunch of other stuff. Ive got one or two more Summit orders to make for some springs, shocks, a pinon snubber and subframes and what not, then finish putting it all together and start upgrading/troubleshooting from there.

Buschi is right, we need pics and lots of them. Welcome to the site by the way, it sounds like you going to have a sweet car.

going to have is the key phrase. Ive been 'working' on this thing for three years...and its still far from done.

Here is one of it before i ever bought it. 2 deer and me tearing the thing completly apart have made it look alittle different.

willies73.jpg

sefus said:
going to have is the key phrase. Ive been 'working' on this thing for three years...and its still far from done.

Don't feel bad. I've been wrenching on my pile for OVER 6 yrs. and it's nowhere NEAR finished! And I haven't had a chance (yet...) to feed it to a deer! Welcome aboard, kick off your shoes, and make yourself at home.

BTW: I like your signature tag-line: Nice Nova :laughing:

-
Back