I need help for exhaust manifold

-

PapstXX

Reaction score
Hello brother and sisters ,

I am build in a 318 in my 65 fish i dont wont the 273
exhaust manifold in it ,i need a better flow for the rebuild 318 with KB and lunati cam :heart:.

:shock:the problem it´s the 360 exhaust manifold he sitting of the steering gear
:evil:
:idea1:whichsever exhaust manifold i need ?:idea1:

Thanks for your help

I had the same problem with mine and found the only manifold that fits the car without hitting the steering gear is the original one. Unless you went with headers the original is it.

I had the same problem with mine and found the only manifold that fits the car without hitting the steering gear is the original one. Unless you went with headers the original is it.

63-66, drivers side, the stock 273 Manifold is the easiest option.
You might loose 5-10 hp, but that is not a big deal,
when a stock 318 had more torque and horsepower than a 273.

Add dual exhaust off the stock manifolds, you will be very happy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud8mci4rjFU"]YouTube - ‪1964 Valiant dual exhaust‬‏[/ame]

The '68-70 340 exhaust manifold fits if you have manual steering and can build a custom front pipe.

I'm using 360 manifolds off a C-body. The left side is a rear dump and being 360 manifolds they are a bigger port size and a 2 1/4" pipe bolts right up and they are dirt cheap here in junk yards.
I went with a Borgeson coupler and universle joint in the steering shaft. A little fab work but well worth it.

I use a B&M cable style shifter so it has no cross shaft, linkage, etc. Plenty of room and it looks much nicer than the upswept A- body manifolds.

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

-
Back