Status
Not open for further replies.

71dodge

ADDICTED.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i badly need kick down linkage for my dart without it my motor cant go in this is what it looks like i need it in good shape and at a reasonable price
kl340.jpg

well anybody have one i have a 318 with a 904 with a 4bbl that needs linkage i can trade or or buy for $$

i will trade or buy dosent matter i just really need one for my car

well anybody have one i have a 318 with a 904 with a 4bbl that needs linkage i can trade or or buy for $$

it was a pain in the *** for me to find one also. what i ended up doing was going on craigslist and finding a tranny that someone was selling as a core, and it came with the linkage also. so i got an entire tranny with linkage and coverter and evertthing for 25 bucks. i figured it was worth it just for the linkage and the levers off of the tranny that i needed. hope this helps maybe.

so do you know anybody that might have some??

I personaly have not used one of these yet, but when I get to that part of my build I intend to (perhaps someone who has used one will chime in on there view/experiance with them) As long as you are not trying to do a OEM correct restore I belive using a lokar cable kick-down would be the way to go. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Loka...-KD-2904U_W0QQitemZ310146655210QQcmdZViewItem

by the way I do not know that seller, just trying to show you the part/pricing

i dont care about how original it is i just need it to work what does it do and how does it replace the kick down

It just bolts in, you may need to buy a mounting bracket for your carb setup.

Tom

See other thread for pics.

do you need the complete linkage or just the top part for the 4 barrel?

You did say 4 brl but not if its OEM or aftermarket. The OEM kickdown linkage doesn't work with every aftermarket carb but the Locak cable set up should work with any carb.

ok so what if its original ki down linkage

Many times a aftermarket carb is connected to the original throttle cable and kickdown linkage and it looks fine. Then you discover you cant get wide open throttle and have to start over.
It might be best to post " this is what I have, now what do I need ? " .
Good luck either way.

I used a Lokar kickdown cable with my 360/904 in my 66 Dart.I had to modify my throttle bracket,but was alot easier then finding linkages!

re and re of 66 Dart 003.jpg

I got tired of trying to find kick down linkage.. and when i did find it the price was rediculous.. I have a 360/727 I drove it for a while with no linkage, manually shifting it.. grew to like that so much I went to Summit and bought a Cheetah Valve body.. forward pattern, full manual shift... Wouldnt want to drive the car any other way now LOL ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back