I Need Kick Down Linkage Badly Help Me

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in basicslly the same predicament, and my solution was to order a Bouchillon cable to replace all that mechanical monkey-motion, and it was super-easy to install, is adjustable, and works great!

I found the following on a different website:

"If you do a search on this topic you should find some info. a lot of people do not like the Lokar setup because you have to find the right throttle lever ratio on the tranny to get the shift points right. once you have done that it works as good as the Bouchillon piece.

The difference between the two is, that the Bouchillon cable comes with a matching throttle lever to be installed on the tranny."

Bouchillon has ads in most Mopar magazines.

That's important, I think. Lever\geometry is important in this application for proper throttle pressure information going to the tranny/governor.

I was in basicslly the same predicament, and my solution was to order a Bouchillon cable to replace all that mechanical monkey-motion, and it was super-easy to install, is adjustable, and works great!

I found the following on a different website:

"If you do a search on this topic you should find some info. a lot of people do not like the Lokar setup because you have to find the right throttle lever ratio on the tranny to get the shift points right. once you have done that it works as good as the Bouchillon piece.

The difference between the two is, that the Bouchillon cable comes with a matching throttle lever to be installed on the tranny."

Bouchillon has ads in most Mopar magazines.

That's important, I think. Lever\geometry is important in this application for proper throttle pressure information going to the tranny/governor.

thanks! i'll probably end up going this route too. how much did it cost?

I actually am finishing up a 4 speed conversion on my car and I have all the linkages that you need. They are still attached to the intake manifold so I will have to pull it off but I would sell it for like 35 plus shipping if someone is interested.

Jeff

Pardon the hijack, but how do I join Americans Against Obama?
:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: Just go to your user profile and change it and you can be part of the crew. Trying to start a national movement here.. LOL I have a shirt that has the Obama campaign logo modified with a sickle and hammer that says Obamunism on it. Being in the Marine Corps they have given me grief for wearing it because it is "slander against the president" or some BS like that but I still wear it.

Jeff

thanks! i'll probably end up going this route too. how much did it cost?

When I bought it a few years back, it was about $100.00.

Click here (it's gone up; hasn't everything?) for a very explanatory page on Bouchilon's website about the cable and attendant parts they send with the cable that make it a trouble-free installation (it was for me,) including current pricing.

http://bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp

I think, everything considered, it was money well-spent; works flawlessly!

Good luck!

You can install the engine and trans and k member,the kickdown linkage can be bolted in afterwards.Like I was tellin ya...the factory pieces will need to be modified to fit with aftermarket intake and carb......

well.... if you want to go the linkage route go to a wrecking yard and yank something off a 1972-73-74 dodge truck.... you will have to make a couple bends and adjustments but it works... ran that for a long time. I too then changed over to the cable set up. Works slick.

-RPM

i have a Lokar kickdown cable that ill let go for a good price paid like 130 for a few years ago and had it on the car for like 3weeks

I have a couple of different ones.I'll take some pics for you soon.

just cut the throttle cable down... it only needs to be like 6 or 8 inches... the shortest one they sell is 24.....

the kickdown could be cut down too, but i'm lazy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back