I pimped myself out today....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
So member mdh157 posted a month or so ago putting his feelers out for some help to move a car from Rockville, Va to Carlisle, Pa..... I reached out, we worked out a number we both could live with and here ya go... Day trip for Jake and I.... We are almost an hour from his place already.... 2 hrs ahead of schedule and he won't be home until 3.....beats running late on the road.

1970 Polara convertible - 318/ac car. Pretty clean under the layer of dust and pollen. Definitely a very nice looking driver.Don't know what he paid for the car, but I think he dun good. Other than putting a spare on the left front so it would roll, we drove it onto the trailer.

Attachments

• ready.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 325
  • ready 2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 767
You should have put the sail down and just drove that one. Makes me really miss my 66 Sport Fury.

Love the floating ride of those 'fusie' Dodges and their coke-bottle bodystyle. Looks like a fun outing.

Nice lookin Polara I was lookin for a 70 or 71 there for awhile but gave up. Most of the ones I found were pretty ruff. There use to be a nice droptop bronze one around here several years ago dont know what happened to it

Beautiful big car........LOVE 'em........Ride better than Caddy's, and look better too..........Man oh man........ Congrats!

Yes, I think I did well too...not sure yet, but most likely it'll be a donor for my other '70 ragtop polara - and no, I'm not going to part it, just swap out the nicer parts onto my car and do some work to it, then it'll prob be for sale - that is, unless i decide to keep it and sell mine and throw a 440 or 383 HP into it with a 4 spd pistol grip....

Thanks again to Mark (ragtopfury) for helping me get it up here.

That's cool that you guys worked together like that! Props to both of you!
I love those big C-body Mopars!

mdh157, if you do decide to get rid of her, look me up!

Glad to be able to help ya out Mark!

Another option would be do the 383 car ya got there up right and save the red one we brought ya for your youngest son.... 12-14 years will be gone before you know it, and when he asks for the keys, you'll be able to hand him the 318 car.....

We had a good run - 12 hours total round trip with a couple of stops thrown in.

Enjoy!

Another option would be do the 383 car ya got there up right and save the red one we brought ya for your youngest son.... 12-14 years will be gone before you know it, and when he asks for the keys, you'll be able to hand him the 318 car.....

Yeah, sounds great, do you think you can talk my wife into that? Perhaps we can cut another deal!

I'd love to keep both of 'em but due to space I don't think it's feasible right now...which brings me to my next project, a different piece of real estate with space to build or garage already there for 2-3 toys!

She wouldn't like my solution, Mark.... My wife has only parked in the garage once, and that was only because the window regulator broke in her Durango and it was going to rain that night.......

I'll look for you in July.

Nice C-Body score! I've always liked 'em!

mdh157, Very cool that you live right there in Carlisle. An old friend of mine lived in Mechanicsburg for several years. I would go out there and stay a few days with him and his wife. We hit A LOT of shows between 1992-99.
I'm only three hours away in Pittsburgh.

I would be so tempted to keep that car.........

-
Back