I remember when..............

-
My first Job was at a FULL SERVICE Standard gas station-!!!!! The best was cleaning window's during the hot summer!!!! Older woman in skirts!!!!! Man I saw some things at that time I didn't understand--LOL

Best part of the job. Back in the 60's, mini skirts came in. Man I got those windshields clean!!

i remember askin dad preferabillay mom for 25 bucks when it involved dad he'd go about tellin me how 5 bucks would fill up the tank take mom to the movies and a dinner then get some beers with the guys this was in the early 90's if dad was the one i ended up havin to ask then it was normally 10 bucks that would insure enough gas to get out to my buds house in the country a pack of smokes and what ever was left to chip in on the beer.now if it was mom i'd have that 25 bucks cruise the main strip acouple times maybe get acouple chicks to go with me to hang with my buds in the country dad was 18 around 1962 i was the baby of the family or a whoop's child born in 75

OH Yeah, Full Service station in the summer, i met so many girls. hated those metal spout oil can thingys.

odd memory...when my parents would host a party and i would put all the winter coats from the guest on their bed. The pile of jackets on the bed always made me want to dive into the pile.
aloha Mike

How bout putting a playing card on the front fork of your bike!!!!! With a clothespin??? Wow that sounded cool!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when I took my honda 50 (which I bought in a basket for $12) to the gas station and put almost a gallon of gas into it, (if you filled it full it just splashed out cause the cover didn't seal) then purchased a pack of gum, 5 pieces, and received a few cents change from my quarter!

Walking down to the bus stop to ride it into princeton to see a movie, bus ride movie and candy was less than $2.00
Getting the milk out of the milk box
Having the Veggie and fish man drive around, the ladies would all stop them and buy from them.
Standing in the front yard and see who could name all the cars that drove by
Playing army in the woods and taking jumps on our sting rays
Buying cars for $100 that you could drive
Racing cars in the feilds
Sitting in the back of Dad's wagon watching movie at the drive inn

In high school I worked for $.90 an hour which was minimum wage and then it went to a dollar I was rich.

Living at the edge of the city, and at age of 7 they decide to build a mall on "our" field. At least twenty of us made sure that every night all of the sticks and ribbons they put out after surveying were gone. All in hopes they would just give up.

Grant

gas being less that a buck a litre, windows xp coming out. I have more but being young means that my aspirations for the past are a bit less impressive.

gas being less that a buck a litre, windows xp coming out. I have more but being young means that my aspirations for the past are a bit less impressive.

Too funny.. I remember when they changed the pumps to litres, metric was a foreign concept, and DOS3.3 was solid!

Grant

I remember when Gilligan's Island episodes were "new".....

I remember my Dad blowing his cork when gas went to $0.23 a gallon.

I remember when the local dairy in my grandparent's home town had a malt shop...man that was good ice cream.

I remember when marriage was between a man and a woman and nobody ever thought of it any other way.

How about bias ply tires? Feeling lucky that you had an AM radio? New cars with no carpeting? Feeling rich at a job that paid $5 per hour (granted...that was a young, single man's wage and no family responsibilities).

When the Cowboys were America's Team.

Thanks for starting this post Swifter! Enjoyed reading it!

I remember walking home from school one day only to find my continent crack in half and splitting away. Took a few thousand years until the airplane was invented until I could fly home and see my folks. (atleast thats what my kids believe) An Ice age, a gas shortage and a flock of seagulls, not much else happened.

3 stations on TV.

The first TV we had that I remember the screen was flat top and bottom and rounded on the ends. Black and white of course. And the remote was getting off your duff and walking across the floor.

Cokes outside of the store in the coke machine, glass bottle, 10 cents, and ice cold to boot.

The Oakhurst Dairy milkman showing up every other day at the house in his milk truck and white uniform, delivering eggs, milk in glass quart jars with the wax cover in the wire basket, and butter.

When boys were boys and girls were girls.

5 cents a week allowance, that I had to earn.

Spending warm summer days in the woods all day, pack a lunch and go.

Playing baseball with a #36 Louiville Slugger, wooden bat.

AH, the good ole days when life was simple.

-
Back