I salute you men and women who

-
^^^
I was going to insulate before I filled the garage. Before I moved in, I had two vehicles and a shower stall and bathroom sink in there. It's been all downhill after that. When the roof was replaced in December, the fellow had to crawl in the rafters to plug the vents; there was only space for the ladder to be put in one spot. I'm embarrassed, but I'll post some pictures.
Try not to laugh off your chairs, hurt yourself and try and sue me.

I cleaned mine today, but somehow when I was done I couldn't see the bench. Lol. It's a good shelf for current projects being worked.

seems tight but organized. not a lot of extra "stuff". other than heat, a very workable area.
Olds a W31?
There are 3 cars in there, my 97 Thunderbird, wife's 2002 Taurus, and the 76 Ventura under the cover hibernating. Behind the Ventura is a spare BOP turbo 350, and of course the engine crane and compressor are visible, plus I have a transmission jack, solvent tank, tool box, and my Max Jax hoist, among other "stuff", It does get a little cramped at times, this winter I decided not to bring the snowblower in, plus I have a small hoard of parts in the attic storage, and some things hanging in the rafters or on the walls. And yet there is still parts outside, like fenders, hoods bumpers, etc.

Boy, you guys are messy. My workshop is as neat as a pin and super organized. I would have included a picture, but the dog ate my cell phone.

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4573.jpeg

I showed you the good before. Now, here is the bad and the ugly.

Once you start using the hood trunk or roof of your car for storage, you`re done. Get help :lol:
I intentionally lifted the hood of the Cuda to avoid this. Roof is still being used a shelf though lol. I don't have space for a proper shop, but I'm praying it doesn't look like my dad's when I finally get one.

Boy, you guys are messy. My workshop is as neat as a pin and super organized. I would have included a picture, but the dog ate my cell phone.
I know people are laughing but when I worked as a cellphone salesman I had a guy come in no less than 5 times in the span of 7 months because he kept leaving his phone on a table and his lab puppies decided to chomp it. The last time he bought a second phone (the last of that particular phone too, we stopped carrying it like 2 weeks later.) and that was the last time I saw him for a couple years when he came back to upgrade his phone. Once the dogs were grown he was actually able to keep the phone. Or he finally stopped leaving it on the table.

Last edited:
here is Dad's table, in the basement. next, is a rolling cabinet that a homemade table saw was part of till the Craftsman one came along.
next, we go to the garage and see the rolling bench the lathe is on...followed by a shot of the metal table that followed me home from Church.
next is it's cousin behind the filing cabinets, see the driveshafts? they are leaning against my wife's grandfather's workbench-real 2X4's.
and last is a portion(that's visible) of the hydrocarbon gas analyzer. have a good laugh but don't hurt yourselves!

S1051679.JPG

S1051680.JPG

S1051682.JPG

S1051683.JPG

S1051684.JPG

S1051686.JPG

S1051687.JPG

I don’t under why it’s so hard to keep a shop organized…
IMG_2396.jpeg

This isn’t my garage, it’s a picture I pulled off the internet, I’ve never had anything this organized in my life.
:lol:

You should see my desk at work.

Same 1-2 square foot rule.

...but come in and move anything, even just rotate it or flip it over, and I'll spot it as soon as I walk back in.

-
Back