I think my a-833 is an overdrive unit

-

khenrichs70

Reaction score
My trany has the 3-4 shift lever fliped over ( the lever in the front of the tranny) it is an iron unit. If it is can i take gears from a b- body four speed and put them in my a- body four speed.
thanks kyle

If it actually is an overdrive 4 speed you could trade it here for a standard 833 plus pocket 2-300$
are you saying an over drive 4speed is worth $200 to $300 more than a standard 4speed? I find that hard to believe

are you saying an over drive 4speed is worth $200 to $300 more than a standard 4speed? I find that hard to believe

That's exactly what I'm saying, the OD unit was not built to the numbers of the standard 833 and I know of 2 people right now looking for one (well one for sure) up here BTW, shipping cost sucks. B Body guys love them.

that is great but i am in central Illinois, I got this for my drag car so i don't care about overdrive
I am willing to wheel and deal if somebody wants to otherwise i am going to change out the guts
Is it worth more becouse it is an iron unit?

that is great but i am in central Illinois, I got this for my drag car so i don't care about overdrive
I am willing to wheel and deal if somebody wants to otherwise i am going to change out the guts
Is it worth more becouse it is an iron unit?

Well first off it's only worth what people are prepared to pay right. That said there's been a move lately to OD trannys like 5 speeds and units like gear vendors so guys can highway cruise a little easier without sucking so much gas. Put the unit up for trade/sale here and bigblockdart.com and Kijiji and see if you get any bites. Up here I've seen OD units going for anywhere from $600 to $800, fully rebuilt, and because they're getting rare.

-
Back