I think my door panels will never arrive

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
Geeezz ,, Here we go again ,

I ordered panels from Gary Ball in Indiana back in July , told me 2-3 weeks ,

Haven't seen anything yet , he doesn't answer phone calls, text msgs , emails .. facebook messages

I saw an Ebay ad that Wildacat auto wrecking was selling complete sets of early a-body 4-door panels.

Haven't seen anything yet , he doesn't answer phone calls, text msgs , emails .. facebook messages
Who is that? A member here?

Make your own. Use door panel cardboard (treated black) or 1/8" hardboard paneling.

Apply 1/4" foam, then the color of vinyl fabric to match your interior.

Fun Fact: you can actually sew the door panel cardboard with the industrial upholstery sewing machines for the desired patterns of the door panels.

☆☆☆☆☆

Make your own. Use door panel cardboard (treated black) or 1/8" hardboard paneling.

Apply 1/4" foam, then the color of vinyl fabric to match your interior.

Fun Fact: you can actually sew the door panel cardboard with the industrial upholstery sewing machines for the desired patterns of the door panels.

☆☆☆☆☆
That's what Kitty and I did. We just used 1/8 plywood. I'm sure at some point in the future we'll have to remake them, as moisture will get them eventually, but for now, they're good! They may surprise me and last a while. Who knows? They were real easy to make and fun too.

I am curious as to who this Gary Ball person is. I have never heard the name. Is it a reputable dealer or just a middleman.

is that not you, in post #3 from back in 2008?

i'm not trying to salt your wounds or be a smart aleck, but what was your expectation?

Get your money back, and go with Legendary Interiors.

it is but, everyone said he was all caught up and no one had issues anymore
fair enough. i wouldn't play it that way in a whole thinking of once bitten, twice shy; but that's not my money you're spending.

anyway, with all indications that he does seemingly take a long time to complete orders-- track record being proof-- a time line of july until present isn't really that wildly long.

wouldn't concern me if he would just answer the phone. but, he told me a month ago he was shipping them

he just asked him general questions, wasn't comfortable asking about my stuff .. I just wanted to see if he was alive

you said that you've sent text messages? why don't you send him a text with a "read receipt" that's straight up matter of fact:
hi gary, this is big dad. i see you've been avoiding my attempts to contact you regarding the 64 door panels that i contracted you to make. i paid you on the [date] for these services via paypal [ref #] with an expected completion date, per you, of [this date].

i have repeatedly tried to get in touch with you via phone, email, text, FM messenger, smoke signal, et al. regarding a status report-- all of which you have ignored. when we last communicated [this date] you stated that my door panels were being shipped-- i have yet to see a tracking number for that shipment or any communication these [however many days] since then. and again, my repeated attempts to contact you have been ignored.

please respond to this message with clarification on the status of my door panels, and, if done a tracking number for the shipping. if i do not hear from you in a timely matter i will start the process for a refund through paypal.

thank you for your understanding in this matter.

-big dad

or, go with a different tact:
gary, this is big dad. where are my door panels? stop slipping and dodging me, you know it's been way too long. get me my stuff, otherwise i'm sending Dirty Johnny and Easy Lou down there to pick it up and settle up.

finally got him on the phone just now , seemed a little confused to be honest. apparently must have help doing things around there ?

anyway , he claims they are in route, apologetic told me he would refund my money if they did not show up in next couple of days , going to send me tracking number tomorrow said his worked had that info

guess at least we spoke and he sounded like he would clear up the issue hoping he does

I guess i panicked a bit early. worry wart

Look pretty nice , I will have to mess with them a little to finish them

they Arrived

valdoorpanel1front.jpg

valdoorpanelrear.jpg

I guess i panicked a bit early. worry wart

Look pretty nice , I will have to mess with them a little to finish them

they Arrived

View attachment 1716149113

View attachment 1716149114
When you install them could you give any tips on cutting out for the clips and how you aligned them properly. I have some new PUI panels to put on and you have to cut the cardboard where the clips go and align to the holes in the doors.

-
Back