I tried, but I just can't take the commercials anymore!

-

ProjectBazza

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm downstairs doing some painting today, and I have (or, HAD!) the Mecum auction playing on the TV in the background.

But, my God! The amount of commercials just got to be too much to bear, and I had to shut it off! I mean, it's almost like the R&T network spends as much time on the commercials as they do on the actual content, if not more. And I don't think that's much of an exaggeration.

And it's not just the quantity of the commercials, but it seems like it's the same damn 12-15 commercials over, and over, and over, and over, and over....

And people actually put-up with this ****!

I thought the B/J auctions were bad, but....Sheesh!

**** like this gonna rot your brain, and they can count me out.

(End of rant.)

Jim

I find a lot of programs are much like that, it's why we often use the pvr to record the stuff we like, then we can fast forward all the damn annoying ads.

yup.... I could do without them broadcasting hours of Mecum auctions in and of itself..... but any channel you watch... I thought that was the whole damn reason we pay so much for cable and/or satellite TV
exactly so there WERENT any freaking commercials Even reruns of 70s TV are now an hour instead of 1/2 hour and the extra time is filled with more commercials than there ever were back when these shows were "current TV" Im so damnd sick of commercials no matter whats on the tube...
and forget channel surfing.... there's some kind of collusion going on even among the local broadcast news... Channel 7 goes to commercial.... surf to 2, 5, 9, or 32.. Every freaking one of them is on a commercial break AT THE SAME TIME as each other.....

Well, They could make it pay-per-view, then You could watch commercial-free. And the timing of commercials is pretty universal, so I don't see why it'd be a surprise, maybe sumbuddy should do sumpin'....not really...
luckily, I don't watch any TV at Home at all, ever..

We've found a few of the streaming channels like that. A commercial literally every 3 or 4 minutes. We just drop those off the list.

And 4-5 minutes of nothing but commercial after commercial. No they can't just run 1 or 2 and "back to regular scheduled programming".
That more than anything is the most aggravating part.
And (we have dish network at the moment) the ridiculous amount we pay for cable in any month pretty much makes everything "pay per view" any second the TV is powered up ....
It's like coming here .... I spend more time "x"ing out damn ads than I do reading what other forum members post....

And 4-5 minutes of nothing but commercial after commercial. No they can't just run 1 or 2 and "back to regular scheduled programming".
That more than anything is the most aggravating part.
And (we have dish network at the moment) the ridiculous amount we pay for cable in any month pretty much makes everything "pay per view" any second the TV is powered up ....
It's like coming here .... I spend more time "x"ing out damn ads than I do reading what other forum members post....
You need to get Ultimate Adblocker. It's free and it works.

I find the worst streaming for commercials are when I'm watching a hockey game. Every damn time there's a break the same stupid *** ads are played, and often repeated during the same break. Seriously annoying.

Just look at the prices realized after the auction is over

The absolute worst for commercials is fn Paramount!! Fn tattoo commercials, or wife swapping bs. Or Bar Rescue....same 3 or 4 over and over!

I wish the drug companies would buy a vowel or 2 for their damn drug names. And maybe learn how to spell an actual word. But hey, when you have 1/2 dozen drugs for psoriasis, I guess you run out of coherent sounding words.

And that little pill with the big story to tell? I hurl in my applesauce Al every time that one comes up. Ugg!

Don't have cable, use Ublock origin extension on my pc and my phone for internet browsing, have a custom app for youtube that blocks ads and sponsors on my phone, use an adblock dns server on my phone. My life is surprisingly ad free, but I have to work a little harder at making stuff work every now and again. I don't know about my wife, but I put the dns filter on her phone and she said it's pretty nice with ads.

Last edited:
I rarely see commercials because I don't watch TV for the most part! If I do, it is a movie, and if it has commercials it's not that one.

Don't bother with tv anymore either. 30 minute program, 15 minutes of it are commercials.

I don’t watch TV, I like FABO, no commercials or ads at all.

I'm downstairs doing some painting today, and I have (or, HAD!) the Mecum auction playing on the TV in the background.

But, my God! The amount of commercials just got to be too much to bear, and I had to shut it off! I mean, it's almost like the R&T network spends as much time on the commercials as they do on the actual content, if not more. And I don't think that's much of an exaggeration.

And it's not just the quantity of the commercials, but it seems like it's the same damn 12-15 commercials over, and over, and over, and over, and over....

And people actually put-up with this ****!

I thought the B/J auctions were bad, but....Sheesh!

**** like this gonna rot your brain, and they can count me out.

(End of rant.)

Jim

I have'nt watched commercials in decades. If I am working, I have the radio on. I have a wall full of my favorite TV shows and movies on DVD or BlueRay. My wife wants cable, but DVRs shows that we can fast forward through the commercials. When I used to watch TV, I would mute commercials, just because I hate them.

Last edited:
I find a lot of programs are much like that, it's why we often use the pvr to record the stuff we like, then we can fast forward all the damn annoying ads.
Totally agree. I can't remember the last time I watched TV (live hockey games excluded) as they aired.

I totalled them up some time ago and there were between 12 and 17 15- 20 second commercials per
break and i think in any given hour up to 80. So for 5 hours of night TV in the winter you can hit 400.
Regular TV is not even watchable anymore....and do people actually buy Peloton exercise machines?

-
Back