i want back into the mopar brotherhood.

-

leadfootjerry

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a former Mopar guy who strayed to chevys for a while but im coming back to my senses. In the past I've owned a 74 Cuda and a few Darts. I've got a spare stall in my garage and i'm getting bit by the 1/4 mile bug. So here's the deal...throw some prices or your opinions at me on this. I've got a chance to pick up a 72 duster body thats been blasted and is in primer, rust free, fresh 8 3/4 rear with 4:56 gears, 6 point roll bar, 6 pack fiberglass hood. no interior, engine or tranny. what should i be paying for the thing?:dontknow:

Welcome back.Better Intel needed:What's asking price,do you know him? A cage installed,roughly 600 to a 1000.A good glass hood,3,400.A 8 3/4 housing,axles,300-ish. Gears,bearings,setup,another 5 bills minimum.I am thinking,2 to 2.5 k.Unless the guy is desparate.Make sure ,you see a clear title,if streetbound.

they guy is asking $2000 for the duster, is that a decent price? i know the previous owner and the guy who is selling it now just hasnt had the time to touch it. I dont think he's in any hurry to sell it.

I think,it is.Be patient,see how others respond to your question.....

they guy is asking $2000 for the duster, is that a decent price? i know the previous owner and the guy who is selling it now just hasnt had the time to touch it. I dont think he's in any hurry to sell it.

That's a fair price for what you described, IMO. The 8 3/4 if freshly rebuilt is worth 5-8 hundred easy all day long.

Luke 15: 11-32

Sounds like a good price in MN for a rust free body with an 8 3/4.
But not somewhere else, maybe.
I'd like a real hood with the car, myself, for that price.
The cage is something you will have to judge.
Eyeballs on it, you have. Hmmmmmm.
The Dark Side?

2000 is a steal. easily.

blasted and primed body no rust? haha that's worth 3k or 4k by itself
then you have a cage and fresh rear. hmmmmm what are you waiting for is my question.

only problem i see is that it's a 6-pt i dont think that cuts it if the car is too fast. that's entry level i think. a lot of guys fail inspection that run high 9's and 10's because they dont have a proper cage. you will probably have to change that out, best to do it now. especially if you are going big block or hemi and get into the 9's.

but $2000 is about half the price of what it should really be

2k is a good price, but I'll bet it can be had for less. Dont just go with 2k and hand it over, use your fantastic bargaining skills to get a couple bucks off!!

Welcome back from your "vacation" by the way, and welcome to the wonderful world of FABO!! Geof

I did it! I went and sealed the deal today. This car is super clean. It's got the 8 3/4 with 4:56 posi, Strange Axles and super stock springs, I had only seen 1 picture of it so i had no idea what came with it. Its got a 6 point cage and the interior is gutted and has had the rear closed in with aluminum and the door panels too. He threw in a stock steel hood in case i didnt want to use the glass 6 pack hood. I opened up the trunk and its got a new fuel cell and a few boxes of parts with a distributor and misc parts. This has been a project for 2 previous owners so its all new build stuff. I thinking it was well worth my $ 1800 bucks
.:burnout:

check all the previous work gl with it , sounds like a nice find welcome back think you got your price in parts if had to bail nice find

Welcome back! I know for myself, it has been awesome to be back in a Mopar...And with the crowd. After owning and hotrodding Ford's, GM's, and everything else, the Mopar community is hands down the best...I truly missed it!

You're welcome back but your dues ae buying us each a case of our favorite frosty barely pops!!!!!!!

good deal , was hoping for the price u paid u at least get some extra stuff sounds like a great ride, what r your plans?

pics *** soon as tyou could i regret selling my duster evreyday

I'll get some pictures taken when i bring it home this week. I've had show cars in the past and they made it to the strip a few times. this time around i want a car built for the track and maybe sneak it up to the local cruise in.

Attachments

• duster.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 91
-
Back