I want this Dart how about you

-

sleeper-oem

Reaction score
I know folks are giving the new dart flack. But man when they put one of my favorite racers in one and this setup how can i say no. I love sleepers so to have this setup around town to freak folks:burnout: out would be great. Or to take a few laps on GRC track in it :supz:. What say you

Dodge-Dart-rally-car-623x389.jpg

Even though it isn’t yet on sale to the public, the Dodge Dart is already being transformed into a rally car. The modified Dodge Dart will be piloted in the 2012 Global RallyCross Championship by Travis Pastrana.
The rally car is only loosely based on the production Dodge Dart. It uses a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four engine that makes 600 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque, with a Sadev sequential transmission and all-wheel drive. Dodge says the car can reach 60 mph in just 1.9 seconds.
The Global RallyCross Championship is an off-shoot of the rally race segments of the X Games. This year’s schedule comprises six unique events from May to September. Dodge says Travis Pastrana was an ideal pick because he’s previously competed in the X Games and is a four-time Rally America champion. “To be able to partner with Dodge to field my own program this year is a dream come true,” he said in a statement.
The production Dodge Dart, which debuted at the Detroit auto show, goes on sale later this spring. The sedan will be offered with a choice of three engines, a 160-hp 2.0-liter inline-four, a 160-hp turbocharged 1.4-liter inline-four, and a 184-hp 2.4-liter inline-four. The Dodge Dart is built on a widened version of the chassis that underpins the European Alfa Romeo Giulietta, but will be built in Belvidere, Illinois.
Source: Dodge

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/travis-pa...ycross-championship-183199.html#ixzz299sSOqUC

I like the new Darts.
I am going to wait until about a year or so to seriously consider buying one, they should have all of the bugs worked out by then.
That pic of the rally car is awesome BTW.

It's a same this isn't a real ralley car. I would love to see this beat some fords and citrions on the wrc.

Iam sure that it will be seeing alot more of it soon. Probably will have alot of performace parts made for public too. I heard factory next year there will be a more higher HP stock car. I may wait till i can find a used one that was wrecked fix it gut it and go to town. That race in New Hapnshire was sweet. I love hearing that turbo winding going wee wee in the air all the way home.

Well the op asked and I answered. Got a problem with that? Thought that was how forums worked.

Dodge says the car can reach 60 mph in just 1.9 seconds.

You sure Dodge is saying that and not FIAT?

imstill on the fence on the new dart.the front end looks like a focus and the rear just looks like a charger that shrank in the dryer.but then there not much ilike about any new car, they look so much alike short of the challenger,mustang,camaro.

It's pretty sweet but I'd rather put that kind of Money toward an old Muscle Car. Probably a Cuda. The ralley edition will probably be close to $40,000. Put that $$ toward a Vintage Mopar A-Body and just imagine what you could get.

I like the new Darts.
I am going to wait until about a year or so to seriously consider buying one, they should have all of the bugs worked out by then.

x2

Im looking to buy one for the wife after they are out for a while. She drives 70 miles a day. She has a 2006 Stratus now that has 175,000 miles. We bought it new, so we put alot of miles on our cars.

thats all you man. i have no interest in one of those things at all..

you should start pointing that fact out in every thread about the new Dart so that we would all know that.

Well the op asked and I answered. Got a problem with that? Thought that was how forums worked.

Joe I have a HUGE problem with your post. I didn't get here and say that first!!!!

then 67Dart273 shocks us all with the breaking news that he doesn't like me,

I love the older styling better but i enjoy driving some of them. Especially that Dart all out through the woods and dirt. I am to old to go 65 on a bike in the dirt and woods but wouldnt mind in this. I think stock it would be ok for a comuter for someone. I really enjoy the new challenger good looking and not that i want to but dont feel as bad scratching it or denting then a classic. For the stock they should have done more the 66 style with a new twist JMO.

My 2010 Focus daily driver. They do look similar.

Attachments

• DSCN0246.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 2013-Dodge-Dart-Exterior-04-623x389.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 282
Guess I'm stuck in the 70's on my hot rod choices....but it sure is racey looking

How does that saying go....you can put lipstick on a ***.......just say'n

I like the new Darts.

Wait until it is 1 1/2 - 2 years old. From the third year on they will start the "cost reductions".... and the quality will get much cheaper...

It's pretty sweet but I'd rather put that kind of Money toward an old Muscle Car. Probably a Cuda. The ralley edition will probably be close to $40,000. Put that $$ toward a Vintage Mopar A-Body and just imagine what you could get.

For $40 k you can get a Mustang GT 5.0 with 412 Horsepower....

I wonder if the turbo model is as fast as my son's Calibre SRT4?

-
Back