I went and did it again...

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
I got a new job this month, installing alarms and security cameras, making a lot more than I use to. So, for my birthday Saturday, I bought this:

2013 Avenger SXT with the Black Top package, V6, 6pd automatic, Heated leather front seats, and Sun and Navigation Group. I debated getting the R/T but it didn't perform any better than the SXT V6. And, the Black Top package is cooler :D Waiting on financing and my down payment check to clear.

Specs:

3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve Variable Valve Timing Engine Produces 283 Horsepower At 6,400 Rpm And 260 Lb-Ft Of Torque At 4,400 Rpm.
6spd Shiftable Automatic Trans
Heated leather seats
6 way Power Driver Seat
Power Windows
heated Power Mirrors
6.5" touchscreen display with SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Front and rear 6X9 Speakers with 3.5" dash speakers

Soon as I get the funds, I get the Remote Start Alarm installed, then start replacing speakers, and adding the sub. Thinking of putting either Alpine Type R or Focal speakers in, with a good amp. I'll post up pix and a write up, if anyone is interested...

I'm SUPER excited about this one...

j

wow cool car ....very sleek and cool ....congrats on the new ride and the new job :cheers:

I don't normally like all black wheels but they look really bada$$ on your car! Way cool ride.

Nice car! The 3.6 is an awesome engine. I have it in my Challenger (305 hp) and it runs amazingly well. I would think the lighter Avenger would really be a fun ride.
Dallas

My goal is to get it to 350hp and work on suspension...as well as improve on the audio system. Since audio is easier for me at the moment, that will be my focus. If my OT holds, I'll go forward with exhaust and cold air induction. After that, who knows what I'll be able to do. Do you have the specs on your 3.6 at 305 vs my 283 I think? Just wondering what the difference is...

j

It looks good, but, why? Things aren't going to be stable work-wise for a long time.

Just saying, stay safe.

Do you have the specs on your 3.6 at 305 vs my 286 I think? Just wondering what the difference is...

j

IIRC, I read somewhere some of the difference is is in the intake and exhaust due to the packaging differences in the Avenger's front wheel drive vs the Challenger's rear wheel drive. My 2012 Challenger has a 5 speed auto also. Not sure if the 5 speed auto is capable of handling more torque than the 6 speed fwd trans. Your car might be 'detuned' a bit to save the trans if the torque capability is less.

I installed a Mopar cold air intake on mine. Nor sure if it actually runs better but it sounds a lot meaner. :D

What does your exhaust look like? The Challenger has duals all the way. The mufflers actually look like old school round glass packs. The resonators out back are huge, though. I've read that 'drone' is a problem if you eliminate the resonators.

Keep me posted if you do any mods.
Dallas
BTW, here's a couple of pics of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_9755.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 328
It looks good, but, why? Things aren't going to be stable work-wise for a long time.

Just saying, stay safe.

I want a car for me, that has a warranty, is somewhat powerful, and looks good. I had no love at a job I put 15 years into. Unless I screw it up, I like my future where I am.

IIRC, I read somewhere some of the difference is is in the intake and exhaust due to the packaging differences in the Avenger's front wheel drive vs the Challenger's rear wheel drive. My 2012 Challenger has a 5 speed auto also. Not sure if the 5 speed auto is capable of handling more torque than the 6 speed fwd trans. Your car might be 'detuned' a bit to save the trans if the torque capability is less.

Good information. Thanks!

I installed a Mopar cold air intake on mine. Nor sure if it actually runs better but it sounds a lot meaner. :D

Do you feel any difference in driving the car?

What does your exhaust look like? The Challenger has duals all the way. The mufflers actually look like old school round glass packs. The resonators out back are huge, though. I've read that 'drone' is a problem if you eliminate the resonators.

I have not been under the car yet. I'll let you know when I get a chance to get under it.

Keep me posted if you do any mods.
Dallas

Will do. I'm planning on the CAI, new speakers, Cat Back Exhaust, and then amping the speakers.

didn't get the AWD version? why not?
They no longer offer AWD, or I would have made sure it had that. I've heard rumors that there will be an AWD Dart in the future...so we shall see...

j

Congrats!! Looks like a nice ride! Enjoy the new car smell.

One year later, and a few things have been upgraded. I got the windows tinted at 25%, added a remote starter, replaced the front speakers with Focal 165V30 components, ( I just ordered Focal PS165 F3 3way component kit ), added a JBL MS8 integration processor, JL Audio 4ch and JL Audio mono amps ( waiting to install two Kicker 5ch KX800.5 amps when I pick up the 3 way kit ). My master installer friend at Best Buy told me the MS8 might have a bad channel, so, I found one at a local pawn shop that I picked up as a spare, and when I ordered the Focals, I found a Line Out Converter by Audio Control, that I can see if the MS8 is indeed bad, or I blew the tweeter on my other Focal kit.

When I get the 3 way kit, I'll put that in the Avenger, the two way kit will go back to the 200, as long as the tweeters are good. Then, the amps will be relocated to the Ram the 4ch, and the 200 for the sub amp. Now I just need a sub amp and sub for the Ram, and a sub for the 200.

As for the car itself, I LOVE it. It's got good acceleration. Descent handling, and roomy interior. Like the Charger, and Challenger, I think it's a little too bulky, but, I'm living with that. I've inquired about the possibility of swapping out the seats from an SRT Challenger in my car. I've also looked into stroking the motor to a 4.0l, IF the transmission can handle it. I talked to a tranny shop, and right mow, it doesn't look good. I'd like to get the car into the 12's some day. Maybe, when the car is paid off, and maybe after some time has passed, there will be some aftermarket parts to strengthen the tranny to take the torque. Over at the Avengers forum, one of the members turned in an 8.884 time slip. That's almost as quick as my 340/727/4.88 8 3/4 Duster with 26" slicks.

j

Just saying, stay safe.

X2 yeah did you get a guaranteed contract for this job? Back when I still worked in the oil fields the guys (kids) would start making 10 grand a month and spend it as fast as they could! Buying trucks and renting big houses and then the bottom falls out and they are stuck with repos and eviction notices. Anyways congrats on the new job and really hope it lasts. Unless you have liquid money or guaranteed income coming in you should be cautious, IMO

Nope. no green ones :p

As I mentioned earlier, this is my job to screw up. Here in Washington State, you have to have an electrical certificate to work on alarms. I have such a certificate. As long as I don't blow it, this job is mine...

I have been talking to other owners out there, and with standard mods, this can be a 12 second car. As soon as I pay this off, I'm considering the stroker kit to make the motor a 4.0L, exhaust, and cold air induction. I'd love to have a modern sedan that can hang with a stock hemicuda :D

j

Problem is, the Challenger is much larger than mid sized car. it's more of a full sized car. I may, in the next two years, test a Challenger. There are rumors of a mid sized, V6/V8 coupe, coming in '16 to replace the now discontinued Avenger. I'm going to check that out if it comes...

j

-
Back