ICM question

-
You cannot tell a 4 from a 5 by "looking." Some 4 pin modules have 5 physical pins. You must do resistance checks from the "5th" pin to the others and to ground. I have a hell of a time figuring these, and usually switch meter leads around (polarity) and recheck. A 4 pin module will have infinity to all other pins and ground. Keep your fingers off the meter connections, or your body resistance will lead you astray.

You cannot tell a 4 from a 5 by "looking." Some 4 pin modules have 5 physical pins. You must do resistance checks from the "5th" pin to the others and to ground. I have a hell of a time figuring these, and usually switch meter leads around (polarity) and recheck. A 4 pin module will have infinity to all other pins and ground. Keep your fingers off the meter connections, or your body resistance will lead you astray.

I see that a 4 pin unit can be used with a dual ballast, can I say it is safe to just order the part number that is on my original ICM regardless of whether or not I need a 5 pin?

-
Back