ideas to remove broken fence post?

-
I'm likely a day late and a dollar short cuz you have likely fixed it by now but I fixed a buddy's post very similar to your situation. I drilled out the center as much as possible. It was roughly a foot down to the existing old post. I used a " post spike" and drove it down in the hole ( using the cut off from the new post) into the old post just before the bottom square part was 2 inches above the concrete. I mixed up some concrete and poured it around and down into the hole. I attached the new post and drove it down below the level of the driveway another inch and used a little more concrete to level off around the post. A day later I attached the gate. It has held up well.

View attachment 1716009064
that spike looks awfully long! I'll need two or three extensions to make a hole in the old post for it. but a good idea nonetheless. I'll have to look that up also and further explore these options. Thank-you all for hints and ideas! Bob

"supposedly" there is a "tube" that runs near the fence line. neighbor said it was put in to drain or divert a stream between the properties. unsure about that BUT my luck, setting a fire like that will end up in a blow torch lifting sewer covers. next you'll be hearing about house explosions because a guy was trying to remove a fence post. but I do like the idea!
Make sure you record yourself when you light it

yard-explosion.gif

Heres what I’d do…..
Get a 2 or 3 foot bell hangers drill bit and work on the broken section until it comes out in chunks or with a shop vac.
Then lay your new 4x4 out in the sun so it dries out and shrinks some. If it doesn’t drop into the hole, tweak it with a belt sander.
Now an angle on all four sides with a concrete anchor. Unistrut angle brackets are pretty heavy, 1/4 inch.
Lag bolts thru the bracket into the post.

4A7DEDFB-8CFB-4765-9FC3-E1130B6CE9CE.jpeg

3EF62576-02A4-4C2F-8862-244C472C4AC7.jpeg

-
Back