identification between 7.25 & 8.25

-

rod7515

Reaction score
I have a 66 dart that had a 273 2bbl automatic car and I removed the stock rear & springs from under it to upgrade to an 8.75. I found no tag on rear so what will tell me what size ring/pinion and gear ratio this has. I want to advertise it but didn't want to pull the cover off to get the information. It has brand new brakes/spring kit/wheel cylinders. What is it worth drum to drum for a quick sale, is there a market for it or just make it metal weight? Needs to be gone!

Thanks, Rodney

Ones like a Coed Softball and ones more the size of a bowling ball.
381.jpg

Thanks. That lets me know I have a 7.25. I'll count axle turn to pinion to get idea on ratio. Does a 7.25 have any value?

Thanks. That lets me know I have a 7.25. I'll count axle turn to pinion to get idea on ratio. Does a 7.25 have any value?

Not a bunch, unfortunately. I still have mine from a couple of years ago when I swapped mine. I tried selling it for 50 bucks and it didn't move.,

Did you get the shifter in?

Bruce, Thanks for the reply. I would guess this Dart project is going to be at least a 2 year effort. The trans and shifter will probably be sometime next year. Collecting parts till then. Thanks
Rodney

Remove the rear cover and make sure it isn't a sure grip. If it is the sure grip itself has value. If the brakes are 10" and the drums are good then they also have value since they are obsolete and very hard to find new.

Remove the rear cover and make sure it isn't a sure grip. If it is the sure grip itself has value. If the brakes are 10" and the drums are good then they also have value since they are obsolete and very hard to find new.

Good point.

I hate that chart. It depicts the 8 1/4 much more oval than it is. It's much closer to round.

-
Back