Identify Trans

-

cmorrow

Reaction score
I picked up a motor and trans for the Duster for a really cheap price. and I am curious to see exactly what transmission I ended up with? I have spent the last hour online trying to find information and can't find anything about the part numbers stamped into the case. So, if anyone has a book to decode the numbers for me it would be greatly appreciated. The motor and trans came out of a 74 Roadrunner, but the motor is an 1988 318 and the trans is a 904 but I'm curious if it was original to the car or did it match the engine?
Trans Code : PK 2892080Z 2693 900 ..
Lastly, would a driveshaft for a 904 and 7.25 from slant-6 be the same as a 318 with a 904 and a 7.25?
Thank you,
Chris

1969 Dodge/Plymouth Dart/Barracuda/Valiant or std duty 904.

drive shaft will work...904 are all the same length

Thank you both, I had kind of figured that after so many years there is no telling what trans I had. And since it's a 69 if needed should be easy to get parts for a rebuild or shift kit, is there any advantage or disadvantage to a trans of this year?

Thank you both, I had kind of figured that after so many years there is no telling what trans I had. And since it's a 69 if needed should be easy to get parts for a rebuild or shift kit, is there any advantage or disadvantage to a trans of this year?

Nothing wrong with it. It's a fine trans. rebuild it and go have some fun.

I like the stuff made in the late 60's and early 70's the best.

-
Back